Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Day 4

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Emmysmum! Congratulations on quitting smoking! You sound motivated to quit, and you're at a great site for support. I quit on March 1st, so I know what you're going through. Good luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 278 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $109.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Emmysmum, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on 4 days! That's a great accomplishment! Please be sure to take the time to work through our online quit program and read through our forums. Both are great ressources that can give you a lot of tips on how to deal with cravings and other triggers. Also be sure to start planning your reward, your one week milestone is only a few days away! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you. My sister was my motivation to quit. She quit about 4 weeks before me. It is kind of like a game now. We call each other all the time to find out about cravings and the little things that make us want to smoke. It is nice that you have your sister to help you. Remember you can do this. It gets easier faster than you know. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 895 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for both of you, Emmysmum and ky woman!!!! Have either of you checked out March Quitters? A group of us who all quit in March...please do if you haven't Keep up the great quitting!!!!! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 388 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi,, i stopped on the 16th of march,, 2 weeks but past couple of days have been the worst,,,, i just tell myself i dont smoke anymore and let the urge pass,,, i also use CHANTIX , dr gave me prescription and i will have to say it really helps me,, cause i smoked about 2 pks a day for 25 years so am proud i have made it 2 weeks and plan on making it forever with God's help..... good luck to you and sounds like you have the desire to quit which is very important, and also the support of your sister and family,, i have my sons and friends .. but none live here few hundred miles away,,, hang in there and many nice people on this board to talk to so you will be hearing from them soon,,,,,,, you can do it remember that [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I am new to this site and quit smoking on Wednesday March 28/07. On Saturday March 24 I arrived at the hospital because my step-father was in there. I stayed with him until 4:15 am on the 25 when he passed away from lung cancer. After that day i could seem to breath right, and i FINALLY decided I need to QUIT. My family means more to me than a smoke, and so does my life. It really affected me watching him died. It has been hard, but i haven't given in and if i can get through another day, i'm one step closer to being smoke free. My sister quit 5 weeks ago, and if she can do it so can i!!! :) I would really like to have someone who is going through it to talk to. Emmysmum
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Emmysmum, Congratulations on 11 days! You're doing very well! Keep it up! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well everyone it is day 11 and i feel great. The hardest is the mornings when i'm trying to get the kids ready for school. But so far so good.Even work isn't that bad. I work at a nursing home. My friend is even quitting monday. I tried once before to quit and used the store brand patch and smoked the whole time, so this time i tried the nicoderm patch and they are working great for me. Well if i can get through today, i'll be on to tomorrow!!! Wish me luck, and good luck to all the NEW non-smokers out there!! Emmysmum :)

Reading this thread: