Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

New Here

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there, I am 27 yrs old and have smoked since I was 15 yrs old, trying to quit several times with failing each time after a day or two. I feel different about it this time, I am more determined and confident. I am just about at day 5 and feeling pretty strong, a bit of weakness here and there but I know that's normal. I really want it this time for so many different reasons. I wish I had never started!!! I hope these boards turn out to be a great support!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 84 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
proud of you princess,,,, I am new here also, i started the 8 day step yesterday.. and cutting down each day and on the 8 day as this site says i will lay them down, i hope, i think i am going to try chantix, as read many post here and it seemed to have helped many of them , it has an 8 day starter kit than 12 weeks i think, i also smoked 2 packs or more for 29 years so can appreciate everything you are going thru right now,,,,,,, as i am cutting down like i said and i cut from 2 and half packs a day to 10 cig a day . and will cut one each day till day 8 and hope strong enough to lay them all down and walk away.... have anxiety so bad,,, had staph infection and ecoli in dec after colon surgery and almost didnt make it,,,, close to death plays a roll on the nervous system... so pretty hard right now, lots of tears,,,,, good luck and praying for you
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Princess, You have definately found the right place! This board is the best. I have found so many great friends on here with so much great inspiration and knowledge. Read as often as you can, the new posts and the old. Its filled with great stuff. Congrats on your quit, its wonderful. Keep up the good work! :) Karen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Princess Midgie, Congrats on getting to day 5!!! I would call your "weakness" more of a craving. Obviously, if you have been smoke free for 5 days, there is not much "weakness" to be found in you! Keep staying strong and kickin' butt!!!! Everyone is here for ya if you need it! Jaz [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 67 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Princess Congratulations and Welcome! The first five days are among the hardest, and you did it. [b]Great![/b] PS: I love your nickname .... :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$295,464.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 1

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey PrincessMidgie, You've come to the right place here. All of the folks here have really helped me along with my quit. Congratulations on your Quit, you've made a great decision, and we're all here for you to help you along. Hun, I smoked for 30 years and by the time I quit, I was at two and half packs a day and sometimes three. Thank God I stumbled into this site because these folks have been great. Princess, drink lots and lots of water to flush your system and help with the cravings.....I mean lots of water - Have your hard candy, sunflower seeds, gum, etc. for that hand to mouth thing - Avoid those triggers early on in your quit.....You know, those places or things that you associate with smoking - Busy yourself with something else when a craving hits like taking a walk, washing your hair, doing a manicure, something to take your mind off of the craving - and read lots of posts here and post all that you need and want to. Remember that water. I don't know why but it really helps a lot with those cravings. I can't stress water enough. Talk to us, we're here for you and YOU CAN do this. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 853 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
More royalty, God help us. Those cruise ship people are going to have to put on some clothes, and the rest of us will need shoes at the very least. We've got more royalty here than in the tabloids at the checkout line at the Pick-n-Save. (I'd say "Piggly-Wiggly," but it's a Canadian board, and the "Eh's?" would knock out the Internet until Easter.) So, Highness, you're in great shape! Four days and counting -- three is usually the deal-breaker. The nicotine should be out of your system by now, and what you're dealing with is old habit. So we learn new ways to deal with the same old same old. But they need to be good ways and effective replacements; way too easy to slip back into addiction. You've clawed your way out, and we're all so proud of you. Straighten your tiara, dust off the ermine, and stand tall. (Oh. And honey? Take off one piece of jewelry. No, really, one is enough. But do it now, okay? Thanks.) peteg (being blinded by the princessial bling) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,498 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $709.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Princees I smoked from when I was 12 for 50 years a pack a day! So if I can do it you can! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 213 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1118.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58

Reading this thread: