Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Introduction and Thanks to all

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi. Fisrt I want to congratulate U on ur quit, ur doing great.. I quit Friday using the patch..... I quit once before on the pacth went 53 days and got bored one day and lit up again, but found help on how to deal with that thru a dear dear person on here. I made it since Friday.. this morning was rough, but I go t thru it, but what I was wondering what is Chantix ? I have never heard of it till I came on this site... Could someone tell me the side affects ... I am just curious as I dont want to change what is working for me mnow and for what helped me in the past. But my brother in law is looking for something and this maybe just what he needs... My hubby smoked over 40 years He smoked 3 - 4 pkgs a day and woke up one day 18 years agao and said that is it and done it without any aide.. I was so proud of him.. I guess we all do it in our own way.. But no matter what way we do it, we all have to congratulate ourselves and reward ourself.. as we started a raod to healing our body, training our minds.. and not letting a drug rul us.. We are fighting back and taking control... This is once again a big milestone... CONGRADULATIONS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!! Shyanne
17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rose and congrts on 2 weeks!! Understanding that this is an addiction was the single biggest factor in this quit for me... when this clicked I could feel my attitude toward smoking change... I'm glad you have realized this also. This will be my "forever" quit as well. Keep posting and reading. This is an awesome community that will cheer and push you on. I'm happy you stopped lurking :) Keep up the excellent work Danni (your fellow two weeker!) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 426 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$327,088.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 11

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my first post, but I have been reading posts on this site for the last two weeks. I wanted to thank everyone for the support this site provides. Your posts have really helped me make it to this point. I smoked for 38 years(since I was 17). I "stopped" during 3 pregancies. We have three great children, I "stopped" again for another 9 months and one time stopped for a year. I say stopped because I really did not quit. I still kept looking for the one puff that would satisfy and let me quit forever. I put myself (and most likely my husband who ever smoked) through hell. Good thing he is a great guy and a with a wonderful sense of humor. I used the patch, gum, you name it. I even went to a three retreat once and left the place and went to the first place I could find to buy a pack. This time is different. This time I am quitting. Thanks to all of you and my reading I understand the addiction and that I cannot have another puff. This time I became a non-smoker. I am on Chantix and belive that it is a god send. It helps enough that you can really focus on keeping my attitude as positive as possbile. I have had some major cravings (almost like anixtey attacks) but so far so good. I still feel like I am at a loss. I am just not comfortable no matter what I am doing (except cleanning house). I lost my job at the end of the year and am in job search mode. That does not help because I am on the phone or on the PC most of the time... but at least when I go to meetings I do not smell like smoke! I have landed a 6 month consulting engagement that should start next week. It will be great to be busy all day! Hopefully I will be able to fit into my work clothes by the time I start. Ok. I knew when I started to post I would make the post too long. So I will stop for now. Thank you, thank you everyone! Rose [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$436,118.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5579 Hours: 0

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Rose2007' Glad your using the Chantix...along with me...there are others that know you will make it this time. auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $204.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Note to Shyanne: Chantix is a new prescription medication that has only been available since last summer. It has proven to be an absolute Godsend to many quitters. Basically, it allows you to ease out of smoking after you begin taking it. By your quit date, cigarettes don't taste good at all and you really can't figure out why you're smoking at all, so you just plain quit! It works on the neurotransmitters in your brain to fool you into thinking you don't need the nicotine -- or to fool you into thinking you already got the nicotine, so don't need another fix. Ask your doctor and go to their website for more complete information. Side effects can include weird dreams, constipation, nausea (for some), but nothing very major. Anyway, if you keep reading here at the SSC, you'll hear from many more Chantix quitters. Talk to your doctor for more details. The most important element, I believe, is to understand that you are a drug addict -- as Stressybessy said, once that clicked, so did the quit. I couldn't have said it better myself. I hope this helped some -- keep going with your quit. Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,198 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1032 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A rose is a rose is a rose....(and a nonsmoking rose smells SO much sweeter)! Welcome to you, Rose, another of our many "lurkers". I'm glad you decided to post and introduce yourself. I'm also a Chantix quitter and have been very pleased with the results. You've obviously been reading a ton -- I can tell that you have because of your comments about understanding your (and all of our) addiction. You also understand NOPE -- these are all things that will carry you to a successful quit. Please holler when and if you need us -- or just post to let us know of your progress. Two weeks -- the toughest there is -- and it's already in the books for you! Way to go! Keep the faith -- and that fabulous quit you have going! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1024 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rose we are here and watching!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,013 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1002.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rose Glad you are here with us NOPE Carlos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 605 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rose, Welcome and thanks for sharing your story with us! You are definitely on the right track so keep cleaning! Make sure you have some coping mechanisms available and feel free to look through the program. It provides lots of great information and steps to help keep you quit. We look forward to hearing from you again :) Josie _______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: