Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I am going to try to quit tomorrow

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone! I am going to try to quit tomorrow, and I am trying to get ready! I am a little nervous, but excited at the same time! I am going to use the patch, not sure whether to put it on tonight or first thing in the morning. Mornings are one of my main smoking times, so I know tomorrow morning will be rough. I drive all day for a living, I am a banking rep, so I am going to have my sugar free gum ready. Well, wish me luck!
  • Quit Meter

$204,430.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5899 Hours: 21

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Im trying to quit also. Just wanted to say Good Luck, and the best is yet to come after you get nicky out of your body. It is up to you the patch is only helping a little it is up to you and your mind to do the hard work. AS the saying goes its not easy. It is the same for everyone who smokes, half addition and half mind control. Just try to be strong and I hope I can do the same. So best of luck to you, and I know you will succeed. My mom smoked for many years and when she was dying she said to me if i had known how easy it was to quit I would have done it years ago. She passed after 2 years as a non smoker, but she already had cancer for those two years.
  • Quit Meter

$227,145.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5344 Hours: 14

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pack some suckers with you! They were my friend for the first week! I also heard that cinnamon sticks were good to use. I couldn't find them though, larger grocery stores probably carry them. Good luck and stay strong. At least give it a try.
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ Welcome to the site. I hope you will return here often as you will find it a source of great inspiration when the going gets tough...I have and am going forward with the usual fear and trepidation. This is a great decision you are making and I congratulate you on your choice. I drive for a living as well and have found that after the first week my behaviour has been modified to the point that I no longer want to have a smoke in the car. I thought in the beginning that it would be a huge hurdle, but I have managed to substitute gum, radio, singing, deep breathing and positive visualization for the other thing. Every one is different, and your experience may not be identical to mine, however, you will find that we are all fighting the same battle, it is up to us to use our own creativity and strength to find the path out of the addiction. Come here often and read the posts. You will get a great deal of information. Except for your own inner strength knowledge about this addiction is the greatest resource that you can gather. I wish you strength and inner peace in this pursuit. It is the most important thing that you can do for yourself. Make it your number 1 priority and you will be amazed at the difference it will make in your life. nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 662 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DJ: Welcome! I have used Chantix myself and have tried patches in the past. My recommendation is not to wear them tonight, because it can impact your sleeping quite dramatically. If you think about it, it makes sense, because you never smoked while you slept, so getting the nicotine overnight could be a rather jolting experience. Do it first thing in the morning. BUT also have your plan ready to go for how you will deal with the cravings. Please work the program here -- it will be a tremendous help to you in being prepared. I'm sure others will chime in on this issue as well. The important thing is that you've made such a great decision to take back control from this addiction. Good for you! Let us know how you're doing -- we're happy to help in any way we possibly can. Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,223 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $840 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on quitting. Just as other members have mentionned, the patch is known for disturbing sleeping patterns. Please start going the online quit program. It will teach you what you need to know about quitting and help you put together an attack plan for cravings. Bring coping strategies with you and begin changing your driving routine. We hope to hear from you again soon. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry DJ, I didn't mean to call you BJ. We have so many with initials now....Have a great quit.....Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 379 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,453 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1326.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 5

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome BJ, and congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. I hope you have looked around on the site and prepared yourself for this quit. This is a great site, so use it as often as you can, and welcome. I used the patch, I couldn't use it at night because of disturbing dreams. As soon as I showered I would put it on. Make sure the place you put it is dry. Sometimes I would have to put tape on it to keep it on, especially the clear ones. You know that all of our quits are so different, the patch worked wonderful for me. I followed it the whole 10 weeks. I had some problems for 3 or 4 days after I took it off but nothing like HELL WEEK....I hope it works as well for you. You know what ever you use is just an aid, you have to be positive, determined, and committed. Those three things will get you through any rough time. So if you really want to quit we are here to help you anytime you need help. Take care and stay strong in your commitment. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 379 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,453 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1326.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 5

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: