Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Quitting

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rusty: Thanks for the vote of confidence. Maggie
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone - I would be a new kid on the block. I have been smoking on and off for 27 years and I am ready to quit for good. I am very tired of being a slave to cigarettes. I have decided my quit day will be January 06, 2007. But as I sit here typing I am thinking why put off tomorrow what can be done today.
17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just quit today, Maggie, with the same thoughts as you. I twice woke up thinking 'why not today?' and ended up suspecting if I pre-empted my quit date I may be open to an excuse! Crazy I know but I quit when I said I would and feel unbelievably strong today. Wishing you all the best in your ash-kicking!
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maggie, Good luck! Keep posting, it helps! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maggie, welcome. I'm impressed with your commitment. But if you have a plan, stick with it. I was on this site for I think two weeks in anticipation of my quit. But, then again, you have nothing to loose by not putting a cigarette to your mouth today. Even if you put one there tomorrow, you will have in your mind and guts the time not spent smoking today. Glad to have you. Stay close. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Maggie..welcome aboard. Soon you'll have as many days free of the nicodemon as I do! Congratulations on quitting! Come here often..read a lot..it helps! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,906 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $792 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maggie - Join the bandwagon...So many new quitters here - You can all form a great support group for each other. I so much value the friends from SCC who travelled through those first weeks with me as a wailed and whined. (Actually, it wasn't that bad - I only wailed and whined every other day or so) Anyway - Get your tools ready, keep posting - There will always be lots of support here for you along the way! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,252 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $560 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maggie, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on kicking the habit. Start working through the program tools. Also be sure to go through our online quit program. It will help you devise a plan to help you conquer cravings. Our forums are also filled with tips & experience so start reading, you may learn something you will find helpful. If you have any questions, just ask. We are always ready to lend a helping hand. We hope to hear from you soon. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Maggie, lots of people have the same kinds of thoughts. Once you have that determination, why wait? Others have found it helpful to plan their quit, reading as much as they can, working the program workbook, and asking questions. I was one who just quit without any pre-thinking, but if I had to do it over, I think my quit would have been a little easier if I'd had a better idea what I was doing. In any case, you will find lots of information and support here and elsewhere on the internet. And welcome to the SSC! (By the way, lots of us smoked for many years, and are now non-smokers. You can do it, too!) Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 749 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,985 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2621.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 104 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$54,964.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 649 Hours: 1

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: