Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

New sence of Smell

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I bought all these perfumes when i was in the US on my last visit. Until today i never really appreciated the scent. Usually i would just spray a little and that was it, i wouldnt be able to smell it for the rest of the day, for as the saying goes.. . you know a good perfume when you cant smell it on urself. Well i dont think thats true, i actually think a smoker made that one up. Im not wearing the perfume for everyone else's pleasure, i want to wear it to be able to smell it. I certainly can smell it today :) Anyone else noticed dramatic changes in their smell and taste? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mynephews girlfriend smokes & when i said i had given up she said, but you didnt tell me you were going to, you cant just quit without telling me... i just stared at her in disbeleif and said well how about we do this together. An hour later she was out having a cig and boy did it smell bad!! No matter how much she tried to mask the fact that she had been smoking i could still smell it. I was the same, i thought i was masking the smell but it proves the only thing i was masking was my own shame in the fact that i had such a filthy dirty addiction. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PrincessC oh yeah, some smells I could do without LOL. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, but what is funny, i have to ask my son what each new smell is because it's been so long! i say, what is that smell? he says, it's fried chicken! I say, is that supposed to smell good? he says, yes very. It is that way with every new smell I come across. What scares me is when he doesn't know eather. Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$74,959.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 22

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, that new sence of smell is great in alot of things. It will stay with you also. By the way have you run across any smokers who have just finnished a butt yet? Or an elevator in which they have ridden after having one? I don't know now how we could have believed that we could be secrete smokers. It has really opened my eyes to the fact that I was not fooling anyone except maybe another smoker. Just keep on keeping on...you will get there. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 377 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,069 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1074.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your sense of smell will be heightened when you quit! it is amazing to smell what we missed out on throughout our smoking years. It is good to stop and smell the flowers now! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: