Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,649 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO

Marie

17 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marie, I know a lot of people are different but the first time around my hubby and I used the patch and when it was over, it drove us nuts all over again. I am using the patch again, but I will be going for laser treatment on Monday and I am taking the patch off. I feel if I leave the patch on I am defeating the purpose of the laser. Look into different techniques, I used a hypnotist the first time too. But I really don't want the cravings when the patch is gone which is why I am seeking additional help this time. I will keep everyone posted on the laser. I have been saying a lot of prayers and God knows our needs. Take care today and keep busy...WE WILL SUCCEED! Darcy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
T Darcy , I wish you all the luck in the world, but I must say your message bothered me a tiny bit. I don't want to feel like it will be hell when I let go of the patch. I am sorry it didn't work for you. But I am hoping it will work for me Thanks anyway [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 98 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi 5th day still very hard in the mornings even with the patch. Question : when I am done with the patch will I experience withdrawel again? Thanks for your support [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 74 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't let it scare you Marie. Everyone is different. Just because someone experienced it does not mean you will. And if you do ... you will be prepared. Do no psyche yourself out. Keep that positive attitude going. The Nicodemon feeds on negative attitude ... don't give him what he wants. He wants you to be afraid. Feel the fear and do it anyway. You are doing great. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,156 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$54,517.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 17

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote]Question : when I am done with the patch will I experience withdrawel again?[/quote] From my experience, coming down off of 7mg of nicotine is nothing like coming off of 21mg or more mg of nicotine. For me the transition of 7mg was nothing that was going to drive me crazy and it didn't last more than a few days. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$54,517.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 17

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marie, You shouldn't experience any dramatic withdrawal symptoms from the patch provided you use it as directed and wean yourself off as directed. Danielle ______________________________ The Habitrol Support Team
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
marie, 6th day here, I am using the patch, as well. Okay, I quit for 7 months, using the patch. I can tell you that's not the reason why I relapsed. The patch was pretty simple, though, I tried to make it complicated. Follow the directions: Use the Step Down Method. The rules allow you to use the patch for 10 weeks. For me, on the last quit, about week 7, I simply forgot to put it on, one day. I walked out the door and never looked back, except for a quick glance, after day 4 of not wearing it- one of those life situation things. Yap, the patch works and you won't get addicted. Just, be sure and step down, appropriately. Welcome Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 234 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marie, Well done in your quit! Presumably you are on a 3 level patch. My experience (and I share this with many), was that there were little or no symptoms of withdrawal when dropping down a level. When 'going naked' (as it were), I found no noticeable difference. It will get better in the mornings for you, given time. Use this site day and night! Lean on us when you're not strong We'll be your friends Help your Quit carry on (really should have gone into songwriting) Mr Ed :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 125 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,763 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �937.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Follow your patch directions, and if you have any concerns, just talk to your doctor. Probably have a little increase in the amount of withdrawl for a day or two, but nothing that you can't handle. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 349 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $994.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You step down off the patch so the withdrawal you feel is not bad. I did it. I wenty from 21 to 14 to 7mg and then I was done. I barely noticed the first few days without the patch. I was ready. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,656 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $884 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$99,948.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9153 Hours: 15

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: