Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Went 14 days and gave in

18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First, DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP. I have quit before and will try again for my 3rd time on Monday. The first time I started back I beat myself up. It does nothing more than make u depressed. Instead just note what caused your slip and do it again. I have been told it takes some smokers 3 to 4 times of quitting before they quit for good. I wish you well, Just hang in there. Bill
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats right rekud... The meter isn't that important. You realizing you slipped and holding strong from here is the important thing. Good luck, Ron P.S. I did't re-set my meter last week even though I had 1/2 of a cig. I figure 1/2 of a cig in 4 days wasn't the concern... staying off them after that is! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $74.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Went cold turkey 3-8, 2 weeks and gave in. Do I start a new quit date or count it as a slip and continue on? Part of problem is not reading on this site enough, which has a ton of info and ideas from all members. Reading different posts makes me realise that other people go through the same withdrawals and mind games with themselves that I have gone through and boy does the mind play games!! Any input would be cool. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 466 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I appreciate all the input that everyone has put in so far. After reading your inputs, it's not the meter that counts, it me that counts. At this point I am not going to worry about the meter, I am going to work on not smoking. Thanks for advice and input
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to say that if I "slipped" (I fell and a cigarette on the ground just jammed into my mouth, lit itself, and I accidentally inhaled)I wouldn't set my quit meter back. But if I lit one, inhaled deeply, etc....I would have to set my quit meter back because I intentionally smoked. Otherwise, what does the meter mean to ME? just my opinion. Don't beat yourself up over the meter; just start over and do it or don't quit. Bob [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right on Rekud!!!! What you decide to do about your meter is not as important as your quit. I will not get into the meter thing. My concern is that you are back at your quit. You have now learned that S*** can happen. Be prepared for it and it will not get you again. A lesson learned in such a deadly game is to be savored. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $810 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Rekud ... You slipped.. must be in the air or something.. happening to a lot of quitters.. But the good thing is that you are here seeking help and support. Don't wander too far.. just regroup and jump back in.. you know smoking is not for you.. Hang Tuff.. you are going to be okay..N.O.P.E. remember !!! Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,264 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rekud...the mental anquish is the hardest part of quitting. I found it much worse than the actual withdrawal itself. You must protect your quit at all cost. You have to dig deep and refuse to give in to the junkie thinking. You are fighting for your life. Smoking will kill you. No it isn't easy but you can do it. There is a lot of helpful information on this site to help you through. Take advantage of it and begin your smoke free life. It is worth it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 265 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $927.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rekud, Only you can decide whether or not you should reset your meter. Are you the type of person who, if you reset your meter will lose your momentum and feel discouraged and think "why bother?" and throw the whole thing in if you reset it? Or, are you the type of person who thinks that if you reset your meter, then that is the best way to be honest with yourself and in the future, if you know that you will have to reset your meter if you slip again, will motivate you to keep going so you don't have to make that mistake again? There are two types and neither type is right or wrong... it's whatever will help you the most to stay quit. The important thing is not whether you reset your meter or not, but whether you smoke or not. "Slips" can be learning experiences, but you have to take the time to learn from them and figure out where you went wrong in order to correct the problem and move forward smoke free. Take the time to figure out what happened and what you will do next time you are in that situation or a similar one where you want to smoke. Self-assessment is very important when quitting... get to know yourself, your weaknesses, your strengths, your motivators and use all of those to help you quit smoking. You can do it! Just get back to the quit. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 146 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,664 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $481.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] Part of problem is not reading on this site enough, which has a ton of info and ideas from all members. [/quote] Many of us needed to stay glued to this site for at least the first month. This was necessary to keep our focus while the nico demon was playing mind games trying to get us to have "just one". You sound like you may be one of these people. Regardless, you have some work to do. You need to analyze why you slipped. You need to reaffirm your reasons for wanting to quit. You may need to re-do the tools and check over your box of coping skills. The important thing is not whether you reset your meter or not. The meter is just a tool, and like any tool it can be used or abused. The important thing is to figure out where you went wrong and what you individually need to do to maintain your quit. This quit has to be more important than anything, and I mean ANYTHING that life might throw your way. This is possible. I know that it can seem impossible at first, but believe me, it is doable. This is the best decision you could be making for yourself. But you need to take it seriously. This is your life you are fighting for. Best wishes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 342 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,564 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1197 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$795,497.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5688 Hours: 4

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: