Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Depression And quitting smoking

9 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You have not recognized the power of your sub-conscious mind and habit-contribution to the process of smoking cigarettes. Recognize that belief and expectation are physiological. Your belief about quitting smoking becomes part of the physiological process of quitting. So first, before even you pick your quit day, adjust your belief so that you do believe you can quit smoking. You can do that because not a cell in your body wants another hit of nicotine poison.
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Albon!!!

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking and welcome to the SSC!!!  I'm sorry to hear that your lack of nicotine has triggered such a bad episode.  Others here have reported similar experiences when they quit, too.  I would recommend that you talk with you doctor to see if medication changes are in order to help you through the withdrawal from nicotine!   Also, like Vincenza recommended, check out the Depression Center, which is very similar to this site with an excellent program and support forum like this one.  Good luck to you , buddy!  Read through the Program here to help you make a plan for coping with cravings, etc.  It really helps!!!  Also, read and learn from the different topics here in the forums.  If you have some specific questions, use the search function to find answers!  We're all rooting for you!!!

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,295.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 4

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Albon,

Congratulations on your quit!  The first week can be very trying and many members have talked about experiencing an emotional rollercoaster. 
Can you share more about what your experience is like in this 'black depression'?  There is a sister-site called the Depression Center which you can access through the Evolution Health website.  I encourage you to look through the program as it can help you understand what you may be going through.
In the meantime, you have joined a very supportive community and members are here to help you however they can.

Take your quit one day or even one moment at a time.  Let us know you you're doing!

Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI

I was wondering if anyone can help me?

I stopped smoking 24 hours ago.
I suffer from depression and take Venlafaxine as well as Mirtazapine.

Over the past few months my depression has been ok, no real down epesodes just not bad at all.

Now as I said I gave up smoking 24 hours ago and I find myself in a black depression, Crying and finding myself in a black place I realy hoped I would not return to.

Has anyone with depression given up and is this the lack of smoking? 

Reading this thread: