Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

need some encouragement

15 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone for the messages!!!!!!!!

I have been better this week and soon I will be back on track with my gym and exercise routine. I am still want to do my triathlon next spring.. I am not still ready but I have other methods to keep up my mind of cigarrettes. Actually, I have very little craves....

Marco

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 176
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,520
Amount Saved: $440.00
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 14 Mins: 54 Seconds: 36

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Marco- I understand the ' new me' you talk about- theres quite alot of new me in my case, almost 21 pounds and I dont like it either, BUT I like it better than being a smoker.
I can see now that smoking kept me nice and slim, but it was killing me slowly-
You are a great member of SSC your posts are always fun and supportive and you are just having a rough week and thinking that smoking would be a 'cure all' and you know it wouldn't in fact it would bring the week down even more because you'd still have a rubbish week and would have broken your amazing quit- now that would be sad!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 201
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,025
Amount Saved: $3,015.00
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 14 Mins: 7 Seconds: 47

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Winelover!!!

So you want someone to convince you stay smoke free?  Look at your quit meter and think if those stats were "ZERO"!!!
  Just think.... it would be Day 1 all over again and Hell Week looming as your future!!!  How do the prospects of going through that look to you now???

Here are another few things you might consider doing...

Review the program...  go over your craving chart and quit journal.  It will help you to remember those terrible early days...  Really think about why you wanted to quit to begin with!  Do you not care about those reasons now?   In my case, lung cancer had taken the life of 3 close relatives and personally, I DO NOT WANT LUNG CANCER!!!!

You've haven't spent much time here lately....  maybe you should hang out for a while, read some new and old posts and give some of your fellow quittters some support!!!  I still do this and one reason I do is to continue to re-affirm my quit and give back to the site that helped save my life!!!

Like Pat just said...  think about H.A.L.T.   Don't let yourself get Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired!!!  These are surefire triggers, even though you have a really great quit going!!!    ALSO,   NOPE means NOPE!!!  You are a non-smoker now!

And one last thing....  you may be feeling puny and disinterested....  maybe it's time for a really nice REWARD to get those endorphins flowing again!!!  You really do have a reason to celebrate and reward yourself!!!  Go for it!!!

Keep posting and interacting with us and we'll pull you out of this funk!!!  It WILL get better the farther you get into this quit, DO NOT give that nico-demon a chance to get back your head!!!  You're too close to freedom!!!

Keep up the great quit, buddy!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 266
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,650
Amount Saved: $1,097.25
Life Gained:
Days: 45 Hrs: 3 Mins: 40 Seconds: 12

• Quit Meter

$44,602.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1067 Hours: 11

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Winelover,
Sometimes things happen that make us want to give up.  Don't listen to that little negative voice.  Let me ask you 3 questions.

1. Did you fall off your bike because you're a non smoker?
  2. Are you aware of H.A.L.T and using it to help your quit?
  3. Will being a stinky smoker who's spending time and money slowly destroying your own health make you feel better about yourself?
My feelings this morning are that I'm so happy I embraced all those feelings you're having right now and decided to keep my quit.  I hope you'll do the same, you're so worth it!!!  There's a sparking new you inside, just waiting to break free, hop on your bike and ride with the wind in your face.

Knowledge is power. Attitude is key.  Let's ride.
Pat

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/28/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 668
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 26,720
Amount Saved: $13,360.00
Life Gained:
Days: 81 Hrs: 13 Mins: 32 Seconds: 39

• Quit Meter

$121,900.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 970 Hours: 22

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
winelover,

Push through and don't give up on those 167 days! 

Are you rewarding yourself?
Are you taking care of yourself?
How about relaxation techniques?

This is the nicodemon trying to get back in, when you least suspect it!  Use relaxation techniques to help you get to bed and relax.  Fill your cupboards with only good snacks and healthier choices.

Be active in your progress, your mind and body will thank you for it!

For today..take a you day and crawl under the covers, read, relax and let the feelings out!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't give in.  You posted here looking for help, so that tells me you want to stay quit - good choice!
I was the same as you a while back - I didn't like the new me and didn't feel comfy in my new skin. I actually almost hated me. I was ready to give up too.  But the wonderful people here convinced me to keep at it, that it would get better, and you know what?  It did.  Keep hanging in there - you're so worth it.  It really does get better and easier, and I totally like the new me now!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 328
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,560
Amount Saved: $2,492.80
Life Gained:
Days: 34 Hrs: 18 Mins: 50 Seconds: 13

15 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey dear members...

I am having a rough week. I feel off my bike two times...been eating like crazy at the house at night. I have general fatigue
and I wonder if quiting smoking was such a good idea after all. I just feel like going back to it. I dont like too much my new self. These are my feelings this morning

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 167
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,340
Amount Saved: $417.50
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 12 Mins: 24 Seconds: 16

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0