Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Starting day 9

16 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Well look at you :)  your getting this thing done   Good Job  Tresa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2099
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 50,376
Amount Saved: $8,815.80
Life Gained:
Days: 300 Hrs: 2 Mins: 37 Seconds: 17

16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beckylynn,

The changes in your mood are very normal during the quit progress.  In addition to withdrawing to the toxic chemicals smoking introduced, there are also many changes going on in your body.

When you smoked, nicotine triggered the release of neurotransmitters in your brain. These neurotransmitters are responsible for good mood. When you quit, it isn't uncommon for your mood to take a nose dive.

This case of the blues is temporary and until it passes, there are a few things you can do:

* Exercise as it releases endorphins and these are also conducive to good mood.

* Rewarding yourself with something pleasurable. This triggers the same release of neurotransmitters we mentionned.

* Get outside and get adequate rest as these also affect your mood.

If your symptoms continue or worsen please contact your doctor. Member, please feel free to share your experiences and what worked for you!

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 235 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beckylynn it must have been something on their end I couldnt get on untill late yesterday evening either I just want to say Congrats on 9 days your almost through heck week Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh keep the quit Teresa
[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/30/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What's going on with our stats?

They must have changed something around.  Yesterday afternoon I could not get into the Forum. 
What's up?
[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Thanks Astrofan

I just keep posting and reading.  Your words of encouragement help a lot.
I know I will make it.  Just need to regroup and tighten up the armor.
Have a great day and thanks again.
[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Becky, this is really normal, any of us can tell you that.  You need to try as hard as you can to fight through it.  I still battle it, but not nearly as bad.  Have you tried taking any vit B sups? 
Talk to a dr about meds if you need them.  What you feel is the real deal, almost everyone does.  Try and hang in there, it eases up after time.

Kelly
[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $573.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cheer up becky , you're awesome and doing great.1 more day until double digits , can ya dig it ?

sometimes when we're depressed it helps to think of someone else that is down and out , and help 'em out.
call 'em , tell 'em you love 'em , buy 'em a flower or a box of m&m's , little things with a smile.

life's too short to be sad , we're proud of you here.

enjoy your fabulous day numero nieve.

[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $504.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Made it through day 8.  I had a lot of ups and downs. 
This morning I felt depressed and all I wanted was a Cigarette.  I tried to ignore it and it has worked for now.  But this depression needs to go away
I have a hard time fighting when I am depressed.  I hope I can work through this one.
[B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: