Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Six months

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Aubanki maybe it takes longer for some people than others, hang in there :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 568 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In order to change your life you must change your mind. It sounds like you still think of cigarettes in a fond way. View them for what they are. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/p4big.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/full-poste776-1.jpg[/IMG] And I ditto everything Danielle said: [quote]Do you do any type of physical activity? Have you replaced smoking with something else? Maybe you're still having a hard time because you haven't broken all associations and routines you had with smoking? Do you have a reward system in place? This is also very important to encourage and reinforce this new behavior. It also keeps you from feeling deprived and gives you something to work towards.[/quote] I think it is great that you have 6 smoke free months under your belt. The trick now is to not have to drudge through it. Frederick Langbridge: Two men look out the same prison bars; one sees mud and the other stars. Choose to see the stars. *sending positive thoughts your way* [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,054 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $272 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$54,547.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 1

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aubanki, Congratulations! 6 months is a huge accomplishment! Try to keep in mind, every quit is different. Do you do any type of physical activity? Have you replaced smoking with something else? Maybe you're still having a hard time because you haven't broken all associations and routines you had with smoking? Do you have a reward system in place? This is also very important to encourage and reinforce this new behavior. It also keeps you from feeling deprived and gives you something to work towards. Hope this helps, keep us posted. Danielle ______________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear aubanki Congratulations on 6 months! For me.....the craves are few and far between and only last a minute. I attbribute this somewaht to SSC. You spend time with people at all various stages of the quit and that constantly reinforces my desire to stay quit and do it while bein HAPPPPPYYY! I have decided I am never going to smoke again. I am now training my brain to not ssecond guess that decision. When I am miserable about this whole gig the craves get to be toooo much. Hang out here for awhile. You will feel what it feels like to start a quit (I am not going back there) and you will feel like what its like to be a happy quitter ( I want to grow up be to just like the elders of SSC) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 170 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,556 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $510 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its been six months, a very long six months. I have had to talk myself out of wanting a cigarette so many times, I cannot count them. The last couple of weeks have been really bad, all I want to do is go sit on the deck and have a cigarette. The thought just keeps popping into my head. Since there are no cigarettes available, I have not had one, not so sure what I would do if there was someone here who smoked. I read all the literature that says that by six months, you are suppose to be able to breath better. Well I am not breathing any better, or any worse then when I smoked. This makes talking past the desires for a cigarette difficult. I know that smoking will not make it better. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 184 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,397 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $669.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
aubanki Congratulations on 6 months! Hooray! I am at just over 5 months and some days its good and some days its bad. There are a lot that say that this is just a mind game and to me it is not a game at all. My mind and memory go to what it knows and that is to smoking. My thought is that time will heal. Be patient with yourself and keep on rewarding and being kind and loving to yourself, stay strong. I am very glad you posted here. Thanks Peace Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,073 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1147.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi aubanki Hang in there, I know it gets difficult from time to time but hang tough Beto [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 204 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/thcongratulations.gif[/IMG] fantastic Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,805 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: