Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

The Crave Diary

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Haha thanks Jim!

Working on it's name inspired me

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ashley!

I just love that... "work the program and it will work!"  Bravo!!!  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 21

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing Working on it!

Great reminder; work the program and it will work.

Nice work!

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Original Post by: Working On It
I started using the crave diary (one of the sections here) after I had been quit for at least a week. Wish I had started it sooner, maybe even before I had quit. The bar graph of craving levels is very interesting. I'm noticing a pretty rapid downward trend in the cravings. There are a few spikes here and there, but the spikes tend to be getting lower overall, too. I almost can't believe my eyes and kind of wonder if I'm exaggerating the effects. Then again, I honestly was a much more nicotine obsessed person a few weeks ago than I am now. 

Lessons here:
1) It really does get better, people. In fact, it gets better more quickly than you might imagine.
2) The tools on here are good ones. Having the hard evidence of progress (the quit meter) paired with the subjective rating scale in the cravings diary is killer feedback. Amazing how such simple tools can be so empowering. 
Hi Working. Congratulations on your slow and steady quit. I wanted to mention that another valuable aspect of the crave diary. After many months have gone by in your quit people tend to get complacent and forget how hard won there quit was. This can lead to the dreaded trying "just one". With the diary you have a first hand account on just how much you had to go through to get where you are.
11 years ago 0 76 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really like the crave diary too--havw used it since my first day, it is my morning ritual instead of smoking now!
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Workin'!!!

Great post!!!  You have made excellent progress and you have done it your way!!!  Well done!  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 21

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started using the crave diary (one of the sections here) after I had been quit for at least a week. Wish I had started it sooner, maybe even before I had quit. The bar graph of craving levels is very interesting. I'm noticing a pretty rapid downward trend in the cravings. There are a few spikes here and there, but the spikes tend to be getting lower overall, too. I almost can't believe my eyes and kind of wonder if I'm exaggerating the effects. Then again, I honestly was a much more nicotine obsessed person a few weeks ago than I am now. 

Lessons here:
1) It really does get better, people. In fact, it gets better more quickly than you might imagine.
2) The tools on here are good ones. Having the hard evidence of progress (the quit meter) paired with the subjective rating scale in the cravings diary is killer feedback. Amazing how such simple tools can be so empowering. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,557.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 22

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: