Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Triggers go away but smokers just keep smoking

12 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eyja,
Of couse, please do.

That’s right, they do become less frequent and then, that’s right, then they just fade away.  Say if you were use to smoken with that first cup of coffee, smoken while driving, or having that nightcap, you’ll be doing all these things and much, much more without a smoken.

Say, how can you do these things without a smoken you say?  One, two, three… Some of the most rewarding and satisfying moments in your non smoking life occur when you suddenly realize that you don’t have that trigger any more, or that trigger or that trigger.  Now keep it up… on to one year!

12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"If you have to have one, by all means don’t."  What a great quote Stickin'! I hope you don't mind if I adopt this one; it says it all.
I'm going to believe you that 'triggers' go away - I definitely agree that they get much less frequent, and look forward to the time they disappear altogether!
Hey Denise : ) Isn't it great to be on the winner list? Oh ya!  
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well said friend!

Keep up the good work and great insight!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for that, Stickin', I blew a quit of 5 months and it took me 4 years to get back to quitting, so I know you're right. I don't even want to think what that 4 years did to my lungs/body/health. So keep on quitting, because we are all winners when we do!

DeniseK 
12 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

If you have to have one, by all means don’t.  It may have been some months since you last lit up, and you may still have that desire to smoke. Don’t, give it more time.  There cannot be just one, only multiples and multiples of one.  Triggers go away but smokers just keep smoking so stay quit. Give yourself that; you owe this to yourself.

Reading this thread: