Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Interesting day

13 years ago 0 312 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, hope you are having an interesting day today also, but because you are not having any cravings.

Weekends are tough for me also, I had to work a half a day on Friday and then again on Saturday, which would have been a good thing, if my shoulder wasn't still hurting.

All of the things I had planned to do on weekends to keep from smoking, I can't do now because of my arm being so sore, so I am trying to type, reading a book, taking short walks around the yard, when I really should be jumping rope, raking leaves, cleaing out my iris beds, cleaning off the patio...maybe next weekend...

Have a great rest of the day...

Charm

Freedom Meter

Smoke-Free Days: 16
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 332
Amount Saved: $59.20
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 7 Mins: 38 Seconds: 55

13 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work Sparky!

Another success!

Keep fighting and stay motivated! You are doing great!

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Like you, Sparky, I and many others had to start over a few times until we got it. Finally, I realized that if I could just make it to 30 days that I would make it the rest of my life. I was willing to do whatever it took. When I first started out, I was supposed to go cold turkey. However, after only a few hours I knew that if I did not start chewing the gum, I was not going to make it. So I started chewing. (I had already bought the gum.) I also asked myself, If not now, then when? When would it be a good time to quit. I had to treat each day like platinum, because I knew from past attempts that they were extremely difficult to get. When we quit, it isn't just this attempt that we need to look at. We need to look at all of the attempts the came before it, because quitting is a accumulative process. So even if it sometimes doesn't feel like we are "suffering enough" now, we need to look at what happened in the past, so that we do not get lulled into throwing days away.
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woke up, a good thing   I was and am well aware of the craves that have been with me all day.  Thank goodness of past posts that I have to read.  We went to garage sales most of the morning, but when we got home, WOW.  The craves were there and then what did I do; I ate my day away while watching my football team lose.  I got out the ice water, read and gave myself a hug for not giving in.  So not worth it, really NOT worth it.  I have a program on my desktop that tracks my quit and it said this morning "You have gone thought the most difficult period!  It would really be stupid to start smoking again!"  It really would be, but I have done that before and I do not want to do it again.  I know the longer I stay quit my focus will be on more healthy things, I just have to reprogram the mind   Just had to put this out here, for me and hope it helps one or two or ....................., have a great evening.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

Reading this thread: