Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,657 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE

The Smell

16 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
beckylynn, I was pretty surprised by that also. I wasn't one that would really try to cover up the smell, but I did where perfume. Now, I had a "smoking buddy" at work and she would take a body spray and spray it after out smoke break. It was amusing to me once I quit to think about that. She thought she was covering it up, but all she was really doing was making an awful scent! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 383 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,915.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Surprising isn't? Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yesterday we were with some friends. And he always wears strong cologne. But, he went outside to have a cigarette and came back in and all I could smell was the cigarette. I had never smelled that on him before, it was always the cologne I smelled. Wierd!!! And to think that I always wore cologne to mask the smoke. I sure did not know that you could still smell the smoke on me through the cologne. WOW!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi beckylinn, i smell cigarettes too. sometimes in my appartment, probably the neighbour though... in the street i can smeel if some one smoking. right now it gives me craves. hopefully one day i will find that it stincks :eg: steph [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �42.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I find that cigarette smoke stinks now. Earlier in my quit I found it tempting now and again. Last night I also had a dream that I was smoking. It was one after another, after another. When I woke up, I breathed a huge sigh of relief to know that all my hard work hadn't gone down the drain. N.O.P.E. Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $816.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I smell cigarettes quite often. A lot of people smoke at my workplace. Sometimes it starts a crave, sometimes it just stinks. More and more often it just stinks. Last night I was smoking in my dreams. Can't remember if I was enjoying it or not. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/26/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,056 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $464.64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Drink a lot of water and flush your system good. That will help with smell and craves. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 302 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,208.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
THANKS FOR CONFIRMING. THOUGHT I WAS LOOSING IT. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beckylynn, Not unheard of, also known as phantom smells and yes, it is believed it's due to nicotine that is escaping your pores as your "detox". Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
I keep smelling cigarettes, even at work. No one else at work smokes. I have clean clothes on and I don't smell it on my clothes. But I keep smelling it all day long. Is it my imagination or what. Has any one else experienced this? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: