Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Weight Loss Challenge

8 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all! I am on day 25 of my quit and feeling great. I am also on my 8th consecutive day of exercise! I am sticking with my own weight loss challenge and am weighing in on Wednesdays but I forgot to post yesterday. I am down 1 lb this week. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Great! I am on Day 22 of cold turkey and feeling great. I am now counting the days of exercise as well and I am on the 5th consecutive day. I used to work out 6-7 days per week but this summer my son was in the hospital and I lost my Dad so I got out of the routine. Great to be back at the gym! I will weigh in on Wednesdays too and will let you know if I lost, stayed the same or gain (hope not!). Let me know if you want to take this offline and send direct messages since most of the people that responded did not think it was a good idea to tackle this as the same time but I have to. I cannot let my weight get out of control ever again.
8 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I too am worried about weight gain as I am already overweight. I've joined Weight Watchers so will be weighing in on a Wednesday, I think having a post for weight loss is a great idea. I am on about day 17 of my quit, using NRT. I have found myself eating more than usual. I started my diet today. I can't put on any more weight!
8 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea Nope-tk!

Also, remember that water retention is common during a quit. It may be likely that you extra weight gain is only a temporary side effect. However, focusing on your health is always a bonus. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

Are any other members going to work towards a healthy weight goal?

Ashley, Health Educator
I am on day 16 of my cold turkey quit and I do not know what is wrong with my body but I am gaining weight like crazy. I have not eaten as much as the scale is showing and I am very in tune with my body, health, nutrition and fitness. I few years ago I lost a LOT of weight. Is anyone interested in a weight loss challenge? I know it is a challenging time of year to start this but I would rather keep it in check or lose a bit throughout the holidays then get on the scale on 1/1/16 and be up 10 lbs! I suggest we weigh in tomorrow (Wednesday) and then every Wednesday we post whether we lost, gained or stayed the same. No need to post weight as I do not care to share! We can support each other throughout the week with ideas to keep our diets in check while we remain smoke free! Any takers? TK

Reading this thread: