Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Looking for a good diet

15 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did Weight Watchers before I quit and lost a lot of weight.  I stopped for a while but have started back up since I started putting weight back on with the quit.  It really is a great way to learn to just eat better and be aware of what you are eating.  You can still eat all the things you like which I think is helpful for being successful on a diet..its a very 'common sense' kind of diet.  Plus, you can do it all online which is so easy.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/19/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 48
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 576
Amount Saved: $151.20
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 22 Mins: 51 Seconds: 49

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
navigator,

This is a challenge in itself.  Like smoking, it is a lifestyle change and it will take time.  We do have some excellent help on our sister site HealthyWeightCenter.net .  Tips, tools, a support group and a program to get you started.  One day at a time and one step at a time.

It will not happen overnight, but with determination and drive, it will happen! Do a detox and start upping your water intake to help rid your body of those toxins and garbage!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Navigator,
Actually its a proven fact the faster you loose weight, the lower your chances of keeping it off.  Plus I've heard its not healthy.  I've checked out the website that SSC is partners with.  I do weight watchers and have lost 16 lbs in a month.  But I think its just eating healthier and exercising that is really doing it for me.  I've replaced my smoking with a healthy habit.  I joined because my neighbor who told me to come here to quit smoking (cheermom) joined and she loves it also.

Kasi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 34
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 680
Amount Saved: $144.50
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 2 Mins: 43 Seconds: 34

15 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anyone have any good recommendations for diets.  I get frustated waiting so long for results, so would like something that I can loose quickly.  It was easier to quit smoking than lose weight!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/16/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 782
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 15,640
Amount Saved: $2,815.20
Life Gained:
Days: 76 Hrs: 3 Mins: 9 Seconds: 6

Reading this thread: