Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Constant lightheadedness after quitting

5 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just curious if you are still dealing with light headed ness? I quit cold turkey 9 days ago and have been experiencing lightheaded ness quite frequently and also have realized that during these episodes my heart rate has dropped down in the low 50’s and sometimes into the 40’s. Was wondering if anybody else had experienced this and if so, how long does this last?
  • Quit Meter

$162,095.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5539 Hours: 9

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Quoting2400,

Feeling light headed can be a withdrawal symptom of smoking. This is because your body is absorbing more oxygen then it is used to. It normally only lasts the first few days of quitting. Your dizziness could be related to a combination of things including you quitting smoking and you stopping suboxone. I am glad you spoke to your doctor about this. If this does not resolve please continue to talk to your doctor about this. Dizziness is not something that should be ignored. Hopefully it resolves on it's own shortly.

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I quit cold turkey over a month ago after 14 years. About 7 days after I quit I started to feel dizzy/lightheaded 24/7. It’s lasted almost 3.5 weeks now. I’ve beem to the doctor twice and he did blood work, checked my ears, listened to my heart. He really couldn’t pin point anything causing it. Can quitting smoking cause constant lightheadedness for over 3 weeks? And to note about 3 days after I quit smoking I quit taking Suboxone after a month use. That’s a strong medication so I’m not sure if that’s causing the lightheadedness or ifs a combination of the two.
  • Quit Meter

$326,916.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 14

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: