Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Smoke free for 11 days - sexual drive gone

6 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Congrats on getting started. It sounds like you are making a ton of positive changes. So nice work!

Irritability is a very common withdrawal symptom. I have not heard that quitting smoking can affect your sex drive but it makes sense that it could. The good news is you should start feeling better soon. How are you feeling today? Have you noticed any changes in your withdrawal symptoms?

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi TryingHard,
 Yes, for some people this is normal, but it should go away in time. How long depends on the individual. Could be a month, could be 6 months, it's hard to say. (No pun intended)  Learning how to re-deal with emotions, without a cigarette, does take some time. It's all part of the battle.
 Have you talked to your doctor about this yet? Your doctor may be able to help you.
Whatever you do, try and keep your quit journey your number one priority. Once you quit is under control, you should be able to work out your other problem. I hope your girlfriend is understanding and able to give you some moral support. 
Stay strong!

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,153.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 11

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone!

I'm a 29 years old guy. 
As the title says, I've managed to stay smoke free for 11 days. 
The first 3 days were really difficult (2nd was the worst, in the evening), but it's getting better. I know, that drinking can trigger crave, so I reduced alcohol to one beer at Friday evening, but nothing more (haven't go out since).
This is far from my first attempt, but this time I feel that I committed and prepared: I try to eat healthy (more fruits, less fast food), downloaded a 2 month workout program (Insanity) and a mobile App (Stop Smoke Stock).
So things go quite good, BUT, as the title also says, there are some trouble.
We've been together with my girlfriend for 3.5 years, so we had no sex every day, but 1-2, sometimes 3 times a week. Since I quitted, I'm not in the mood at all... I feel irritated... 
In the first few days I was ok with it, but it is almost 2 weeks now, and I'm a bit worried...
Is it normal?  
  • Quit Meter

$170,261.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6268 Hours: 5

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked