Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Day 13 - Couching

9 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Donna!!!

I posted in the other thread, but after seeing this I wanted to say Congrats and be sure to reward yourself!  Another couple of days and you will be through with Zombie Month and that will be another reason for a nice reward!  Keep those rewards coming because you definitely deserve them! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 14

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Lolly, it has been a great day!! I haven't had very bad cravings today. And today when my boss came back in the office after a smoke break I was like OMG this is what I used to smell like? I love that my teeth are getting whiter and my cloths don't stink. Of course I've had to re wash everything in my closet. Thanks again guys for being there for me.
9 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Donna,

27 days is amazing!  I hope you are rewarding yourself, as you deserve it!   Love your determination!

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke! 

Love Lolly.    
Thanks Ashley and Jim for the post. I am doing GREAT 27 days smoke free and believe me I am more determined now more than ever. Hubby is still smoking in the house and the bedroom. God has a plan for me and things will work out.
9 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DonnaK,

How are you feeling today? Were you able to have a talk with your hubby in regards to setting some boundaries around smoking?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Donna!!!

I am totally impressed that you have made it through Heck Week, but sorry that you have had to move out of the bedroom!  There definitely is a price to pay for freedom and you are doing whatever it takes to maintain your quit!  Awesome!  I am in total agreement with you that you need to have a serious chat.  My question is, why does he have to smoke in the bedroom?  Heck, that's one place that I would never smoke because I didn't like the smell of smoke while trying to sleep.  

I know you have probably thought about this conversation you are going to have with him, but I have a couple suggestions.  First, you need to explain to him why you are trying to quit and how much it means to you to become free from your addiction.  He needs to understand why.  Next, you need to ask him if he is willing to give you the support you need to remain quit.  If he loves you he will do whatever you ask.  The first request would be for him to quit smoking in the house and in the car when you are riding with him.  Tell him that you can't stand to be in a room or car with someone who smokes and that would really make it a LOT easier to maintain your quit.  I know that can be a lot to ask for someone who probably thinks that they should have the freedom to do whatever they please in their own domain, but you know, part of marriage is compromise and respecting and supporting your spouse and their hopes and dreams.

Good luck and do have the conversation!  It's part of doing whatever it takes for freedom! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 14

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

The withdrawals are horrible. This has been going on now for a week. Everything that I've read says that this is normal. Just want to get pass this so I can get some sleep. And if my husband doesn't quit smoking in our bedroom my face will be plastered all over the evening news.......woman beats husband with pillow film at eleven. Just kidding about the beating but we do need to have a serious talk and SOON.
 Donna

Reading this thread: