Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Expect The Unexpected

11 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carlos  Wishing you a wonderful smoke free summer. Excellent for you. breather
11 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Breather,

I now is winter up there, here in south America we are enjoying summer with lots of rain

NOPE
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great advise Breather! Thanks for sharing.

What are some other ways we can prevent stress and prepare for winter?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello again , breather here. With winter here or on it's way I wanted to talk about things that can send us back to being smokers. If we're newly quit or even if we've stopped for some time we don't need surprises. First of all do you know where your snow shovel is ? It's good to know where it is just in case it's needed. What I'm saying is plan ahead to avoid problems. If you drive a car it's a good time to find out where your ice scraper is or if you still have one ? A good idea would be to have the car checked out to make sure it's charging properly. Maybe the battery isn't what it once was ? You're wondering what this has to do with not smoking ? Everything ! When we have to go to work and the car won't start or we're stuck in the snow it can send us back to being smokers in a heartbeat. Plan ahead to avoid dissapointment and expect the unexpected. Sense of humour a must. Excellent for you for not smoking. breather

Reading this thread: