Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Day 12

13 years ago 0 109 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BJ your are doing great - hope week 3 goes well for you too - Keep posting.
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 4/10/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 39
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 585
Amount Saved: $146.25
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 14 Mins: 57 Seconds: 45

13 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing awesome Bj!  Keep up the great work!

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Bonnie, heck week is another huge milestone so you should be really proud of yourself.  There will be many many more of those milestones - some obvious for many and some just for you.  The best thing to do from now is to keep rewarding yourself for the small things...if walking from one part of the street to another is something you've never done without a cigarette, reward yourself the first time you do it smoke free.  It's all about you so make it all FOR you.

Congratulations!

x T

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 1/1/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 1234
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 28,382
Amount Saved: �7,805.05
Life Gained:
Days: 110 Hrs: 3 Mins: 6 Seconds: 1

13 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Bonnie, you're getting there and distraction is the key. I used to just go upstairs and log in here, SSC. I used to spend hours just trawling through the positive postings just to reinforce my own positivity, and also it helped to read of others experiencing the same things as I was. The thing is too about smoking thoughts is they pass very quickly, although they may seem strong for an instant they go just as quickly especially if you are able to distract too. Keep up your great quit.
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 739
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 18,475
Amount Saved: $11,085.00
Life Gained:
Days: 90 Hrs: 5 Mins: 54 Seconds: 14

13 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bonnie,  Keeping your self busy is key.  You sound very determined this quit. Just remember that if a crave gets too bad, come here and post then wait for five responces.  I know that you can do this.  Please be sure to reward yourself for the mile stones you hit along the way.
Kaiser

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 658
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,450
Amount Saved: $822.50
Life Gained:
Days: 128 Hrs: 7 Mins: 28 Seconds: 24

13 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 hi Everyone,  I sure am glad I have you :)     I have been reading and staying close.  I'm almost thru heck week.  In some respects this has not been as hard as I expected.  ( I have yet to get on the scales this week, but my jeans still button)

Yesterday was a CRS day.. I think I spent more time looking for things ( that I had 2 minutes before) than I actually got anything accomplished. The craves/urges are not as often, but can sure pop up and surprise you.

After the trip to town when he was getting the tire fixed, and I Really needed gumdrops.. He came home on Monday with a bag of spiced gum drops, swedish fish and sour gummi bears...

I am not having a "horrible" I am getting thru the urges by coming here, and looking at stats, reminding myslef of our trip..and the dogs are not sneezing...  I am trying to eat lunch now.. and not let myslef get overly hungry.  I have a list of chores and things I want to get done.. so I can keep myslef pretty busy

Bonnie

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/7/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 12
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 204
Amount Saved: $40.80
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 15 Mins: 49 Seconds: 54

Reading this thread: