Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-16 2:52 AM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-16 1:17 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,616 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING, JHAYLO, AEREVE

Constipation

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Papaya is good.. if you can't get fresh there are chewable tables and also the lactobacillus that is in Activia ... you can get tablets with the active lacto bacillus or probiotics. Stopping smoking can throw off the natural flora in the intestines. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $268.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Just a gentle reminder: Herbal supplements may provide great therapeutic benefits. However, it is known that natural alternatives are not always safe. Some supplements have been shown to interact with medications, cause allergic reactions or aggravate certain medical conditions. Furthermore, the safety of many herbal supplements for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding is not yet known. We advise you to consult with your doctor or pharmacist before commencing any alternative therapy. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try a smoothie in the morning it is: Flax seed meal 2 tablespoons Soy protien powder 1 scoop 1 tablespoon flax oil your favorite fruit ( frozen or fresh) Blend in a blender until smooth It not only solves the constipation but you feel great and it fill you up in the morning.
16 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tiff, Try Activa--it's a newer yogurt that I found really helpful in that area. I actually lost my last quit because of such stomach distress. This time one a day activa straightened me out & I've been fine for about the last 3 weeks without eating it now. Hope this helps, Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $371.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]Hi Tiffany... Movement promotes movement, so as other's have said exercise, as simple as going for a walk is very important. Also, I take Benefiber and it's absolutely tasteless and not gritty. I take it after breakfast and after dinner..keeps me very regular. Plus, fruits and vegetables are very helpful as well. As has already been said, if it persists see your doctor. Peace [/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $459.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fiber Fiber Fiber!! and water.. They have some chewable fiber tablets you can get at the drug store. I think its called Fiber Choice..they are tasty!!! Drink water...Walk....and eat Fiber!! It will pass!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $234.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$1,794.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 784 Hours: 12

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We hear you loud and clear, Tiffany. This is one of the things that happens when you quit. For some reason, the digestion process slows down. Have you tried something like Metamucil? Its natural and its "fibre therapy" as they call it. Hope this helps, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $756.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tiffany, Not a pretty symptom, but it does happen We need to remember that everyone's body is different and your symptoms may not mimic those of others. The movement of your bowels may decrease for three or four days when you reduce your cigarette consumption. How long will this last? This could occur in the first few weeks after quitting and last three to four days. Tips to help: Eat lots of roughage, like raw fruits, vegetables, bran and cereal. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day and try to exercise regularly. If you have a symptom that persists or seems worse than you expected, you should immediately consult a doctor. Its possible that your smoking has been masking symptoms of some illness, and when you stop smoking the symptoms abruptly become noticeable. Members please feel free to share what strategies helped you overcome this withdrawal symptom? Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to get graphic here and bring up such a non fun topic but seriously......it's getting bad. I'm on quit day 16. How long does this last? I used to joke that smoking was at times a laxative for me but now I'm seeing that it wasn't such a joke. HELP!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: