Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,576 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

No-Embers

16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all and Thanks for the bumps and suggestions. I did start saving some favorites for when I need to remind myself of this or that. Whatever was happening with me the last week has gotten better. I started back on the Chantix and that has helped tremendously. It did take a few days to re-enter the brain though. I'm going to stay with it for another month and take it from there. I wrote more on that in the chantix thread, I think. It gets hard to keep these threads straight. Aloha, I did find the threads you mentioned and thank you for taking the time to help me. Am sneaking on at work so I gotta go. Freedom26 and Moss are official No-Embers. Any others out there?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 585 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ya all are looking good :):) Good Job :) I also love the name [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1968 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,888.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 277 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$14,601.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 689 Hours: 17

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The No Embers will soon be on the cruise ship. I'm really glad you guys got together, it helps a lot to have someone around going through the same as you at the same time. Looking forward to you guys joining the Octobreathers on the cruise. You guys are doing great!! Way to start the new year. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $378.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You all have great quits going!!!! Congratulations. A little secret - start now on making a file with all your favorite posts in it. That way, if you can't get on the internet to read from the site, you still have some motivational reading available to you. Keep looking toward the horizon and you will soon see the cruise ship you can board heading for the 100 day beach. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,920.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$330,466.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 0

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys I'm so glad you're sticking together. it really does help. Moss, I hope you saw some of the threads I bumped up for you about milestone craves. Most of them are in Forum for New Users, but at least one is in Coping with Withdrawals. Found an interesting one by Penitent about the difference between triggers and cravings, too, that I think might be helpful. Still didn't find one of the discussions I was looking for. But, I just thought of something, I think it may be hidden in the middle of Weaning from Chantix thread. I'm gonna go look. Anyway, hang in there....reward yourself!!! I want to hear what you have done for yourself, and know that this current round will pass. You're both doing great, Freedom and Moss, Mighty No-embers!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 280 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,904.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moss, yes so far I have a good attitude and I hope that part of me sticks around. I contribute a lot of my positive attitude to all the changes I am currently making in my life as well as to Allen Carr. I think understanding what a true monster nicotine is, has made all the difference in the world. I would recommend his books to anyone. (good thing I had purchased them, before my quit date!) I am glad to see you are hanging in there. Although it feels really good to be proud of yourself it also feels good to be proud of others that are going through the same thing. I hope you are enjoying your quit so far. Isn't it nice now that the worst is over and we can actually enjoy our normal lives but without smoking! Sorry to hear about your internet access. I'll make sure not to worry about your quit and try to remember that you may not have immediate access to SSC. I am sure that the cravings are just that..cravings. Going this far just makes me realize that it can be done and it is much easier for those cravings to go away than it was in the beginning. Maybe we need to find new distractions or rewards to keep the quit! Isn't it nice not to worry that New Year's is coming up and you don't have to make a quit smoking resolution? I know I will enjoy ringing in the New Year as a Non-smoker! Take Care, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $562.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Freedom - Hanging in there. This last week has been a tough one but I'm still breathing. Am having the craves that won't quit. It's good to see your attitude is a happy one today. I've been frustrated on another level because I can't connect to the internet any old time I like. Can you believe there are still parts of the USA that rely on old and frayed phone lines for communication. Seems to happen more in the cold weather. That was never a big deal to me until I started this little adventure. It is not good right now to be cut off from the SSC. Sometimes it will just not connect for a couple days and then it works fine for a few days. Anyway, I like the No-Embers as well. ( Thanks Aloha )Let's stick with it. I think we'll have a small group but that's ok with me. I'll check in with you when I can but if you don't see me around for a few days it's just that I am too busy throwing my computer out the window. I haven't seen CrazyC lately - Hope all is well. Am happy for you that you are doing well. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wanted to check in with the November quitters and see how everyone is doing. I had a few tough days over the holidays, so I'm happy to get back into a regular routine, even if that means working the next 2 days until the weekend! Moss and CrazyCuban, how are you doing? Hope you are doing well with your quit and that it is getting easier. Don't forget to reward yourself even if you already got spoiled by your family and friends. It is so important to remember to reward yourself! Isn't it amazing to be a non-smoker? I really can't think of a better way to live my life. I'll have to look back to see who posted this but I love this quote: I would rather be a non-smoker occasionally thinking of smoking, than a smoker constantly thinking of quitting! Thanks to Aloha for suggesting a name for the November quitters! All your help is appreciated. Keep the Quit!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $562.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: