Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

on day 7 yippeee

17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well am onto day 7 and i feel good the last couple of days i have only had a few minor cravings that just popped up out of the blue but they only lasted minutes just made myself a cup of tea and forgot bout the crave lol. my cough has stopped just got a bit of a sore throat. starting to get my singing voice back i feel as though i am teaching myself to sing from scratch lol but i feel the exercises helping my cheast and lungs. i also feel like am eating more which is ok coz am not botherd bout gaining weight in fact i want to lol. thank you for listening everyone keep up the good work folks and well done. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$29,519.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7069 Hours: 23

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey - sounds like you are doing really well. Same here, so far. Although there have been a few times over the past day or so when I've been alone and the thought popped up, "Time to grab a smoke" before anyone comes home. Then I remember, no I don't do that anymore and I distract myself and it goes away. As you were a closet smoker too, I bet you are also finding that so many of your smokes were out of habit & opportunity and not because you really wanted them. But I understand that out of the blue thing - it usually happens to me shortly after I think about how great it is that I don't miss them at all and feel pretty good (but overall tired throughout the day). Anyway, keep up the good work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$119,554.99

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 3

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice work glasgow. I'll vouch for the fact that week two is a little easier. I am on day 14 now. It's not that there are no cravings at all, but the physical aspects are alot less: fewer headaches, not clenching my teeth all day long, not feeling like I need a punching bag, etc. Week two has mainly just been reminding myself that I don't smoke in those moments when I would have every time over the past 25 years - like after meals. Once I'm reminded it's not been too big a deal. I'm looking forward to the day when I don't think about it at all. That may be a while down the road, but I'm stubborn. Now if only I could take your lead on the exercise... I still have very little interest in that. I think I'll need another whole support group to get myself with a daily exercise routine. haha. Stubborn in Cape Breton [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$263,407.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8459 Hours: 16

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
glasgow-guy Good stuff, you are starting to not only get the benefits of this process, but feel them too...Interesting about the singing, I have been doing the same thing as I have always played and wrote music. There were always tunes that I could write, but never sing because they were way out of my 1 octave range... Interestingly enough I used to be a neigbor of sorts to you...I lived in Stirling for a period of time and worked in Glasgow everyday...Scotland is a great and beautiful place to be...I am so happy for you that you are doing this thing...It is difficult, but the benefits out weigh the effort in my opinion... Stay well and keep on singin... Nonic
17 years ago 0 650 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good job glasgow guy. Congratulations and keep up the good work. It will only get easier. Loulou [IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/donkeylover_01/image0044-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,065 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glasgow guy, you're nearly through hell week, as they call it. And it sounds like you're doing well. The next week should be a bit easier. Keep up the great work, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glasgow_guy, Congratulations! Hell week is over! Time for a reward! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello glasgow_guy- Congratulations - you're doing beautifully - and enjoying the journey! Good for you... Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 335 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,754 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1557.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12

Reading this thread: