Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Day Six - Easier

17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith, I'm glad for your comment about some day not thinking about smoking. That's all I've thought about today. It's getting on my nerves. I have better things to think about! Glad to hear it's not just me. Glad to also hear that it goes away! Thanks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all! Let me be (I think) the first one to say Happy New Year to all my non-smoking friends out there! It's been another great day for me, no withdrawal (I'm pretty sure the worst of that is over). It was a laid back day where, like so many more to come, I'll think about smoking, but I won't dare touch one again. I think over and over how it's going to be to re-learn how to live without a cigarette hanging out of my mouth. Don't get me wrong, I'll never smoke again. I just realize that when you smoked a long time, everything can be a trigger. I'm doing routine things that I do everyday and I think about a smoke...because I smoked doing just about everything. I think sometimes we confuse 'thinking' for 'craving'. I 'thought' about smoking alot this past week (and I suppose that that will last for a long time), however, I have only had a few real 'cravings', which have all past pretty quickly. To all of the New Years resolution quitters out there: Good Luck! The best advise I can give you is to stay close to your friends right here. It's just about all of the support you'll need! Peace. -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 161 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$357,973.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9158 Hours: 21

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2tone: You make an excellent point. We DO think about smoking a lot and perhaps confuse that with a craving. Just because the thought pops in our little pea-brain smoker heads, doesn't mean we WANT to smoke. I'm glad you brought that up. Guess what, though? One day --very soon -- you'll be in bed just starting to fall asleep when you'll suddently realize you went the entire day without ever even thinking about smoking. That day is coming and you will be so thrilled when it does. It's a very, very good sign. Happy New Year to you and yours, 2tone! Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,392 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $672 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're almost through HELL week. Isn't that sweet. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi 2tone :) Good for you to have made it through another day. Soon it will surprise you how quickly the smoke free days will pass. I just love looking at my quit meter! Have a Happy New Year! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,390 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $230 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2tone, i posted to your earlier thread "Day Three - Whew!" If you're doin the 'Cold turkey' then nicotine withdrawl only lasts 3 days, that means you are completely nicotine free. welcome non-smoker, you done it !.. now you need to learn life as a non-smoker way to go. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 730 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,264 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4745 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 105 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$12,659.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 8

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2tone, Looking good! Have a great night and be prepared for anything! Use tomorrow as a relaxation day and celebrate day 6! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: