Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,511 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Has Anyone Concluded That

18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cobenfan kiwi Ln and Cheerful, I am noticing the part about experiencing emotionally like I am 16 again too, also myself being 36 yrs! Isn't that amazing??!! The other thing that gets me is... [quote] 'It's not worth it because I'm just gonna smoke when I'm done.' [/quote] THAT WAS ME, TOTALLY. So I didn't participate in life. After just 2 weeks I am ready to participate again because it is SO worth it! Hugs, Eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
They liked themselves better as non-smokers? It pretty much came to me today that I really liked myself a lot better (a number of years ago) when I was a non-smoker the FIRST time. I really tried hard to think about what I was like then and when I "went back" and thought about that time in my life, I liked what I saw. Now that I have quit, I am feeling some of those "old" feelings again like my activity and energy levels. The way I think about just running off to the park and really RUNNING like a kid and wanting to eat food becuz it tastes so good, not because it's dinner time. All of these things REALLY help me combat the urge to smoke when it comes along and training my brain to be positive seems to have worked so far. If that doesn't work immediately, I have other things on standby. My bike to ride, my dog to walk and my faucet to stand by the sink and drink water and BREATHE.......... JEEZ I don't want to be that person again who just has to go smoke to "feel better" (Yeah Right). Cravings come and go, deal with them one at a time -- think slowly and with caution (I used to count to 100) before I would give myself a chance to have "a conversation" in my head about whether me & a cigarette were going to come together for a puff. Do what works for you, whatever get's ya through the day. I LOVE being a winner at the end of the day. Jus my thoughts Hangin In Not Givin In CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 486 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Kiwi, LOOK AT YOUR ROCKING STATS! WOW. If nobody replies, no worries, I like to put my thoughts out there because a lot of other people do --it may jog someone's memory or just make them feel good. So, it's the weekend and folks are out and & about enjoying non smoking activities. I'm glad that you feel so awesome everyday, I feel like I am getting there a little more each day, almost like it's earned. You have certainly earned a lot! Stay As Awesome as You R. Hangin In Not Giving In, CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 487 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unfortunately, I don't remember much about my prior non-smoking days. I was 12 when I started smoking. I can only remember bits and pieces of my childhood. That was one main point when I got hypnotized. My teacher said to remember those days, and remember when you took your first hit of a cig, and remember forcing the smoke down. Unfortunately, I could not remember. Sad, really. Most of my life had a cancer stick in it. I never expierenced my "adulthood" free. I am so excited to be able to create new memories with my girls! Oh well on the past, I cannot fix it. But I can make sure it doesnt ruin my future!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,464 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I completely understand, though I've smoked since I was a teen, so I don't have much in the way of non-smoking years to look back on. But presently, being a non-smoker feels so awesome! I just started training for my first 5K race about 2 weeks ago. I never would have tried such a thing when I was smoking a pack and a half a day. It didn't even feel worth it to go out for a walk, let alone run anywhere. It just feels so much better to be able to think like a healthy person and make healthy choices without saying, 'It's not worth it because I'm just gonna smoke when I'm done.' Glad to see that I'm not the only one who noticed! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,265 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $648 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, yes, yes !!, That is exactly how i feel, but i feel it all the time, every moment of the day. I've noticed no posts on this (i mentioned this in a previous post of mine...but no reply). [quote] The changes i've gone through 1 year on as a non-smoker is realy quite surprising & that i feel i've reverted back to my 'old self' prior to smoking, emotionally i'm experiencing things as a 16 year old again (i'm 36). [/quote] I love feeling like this ! Keep it up. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 476 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,915 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3094 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$12,487.92

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 624 Hours: 21

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: