Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

A Dear Smoke Letter

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duckie, Great letter! Thank you for sharing this with us. Take Care, Melanie _________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing that awesome letter. I think I'm still in the recent break up part. Mourning my relationship, though I know it was unhealthy. Reading that reminded me of some guys I gave my love and time to who turned out to cost me an emotional fortune. It did get me to the point of seeing how I invited these meanies (nicodemon included) into my world. I haven't gotten to the anger yet... just feeling foggy, anxious, and lonely. Anger would be great. I do feel resentment about all the lies Mr. Nicodemon told me though. How he would help me relax, make me feel cool, give me time to myself, make me part of the group...etc. Damn liars. Thanks also, the rest of you for sharing some of your benefits. I have to remember that this will get easier over time. (And NO "calling" my ex when the chips are down. Clean breaks only). Sincerely, Sierra [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
*APPLAUSE...MORE APPLAUSE....MAJOR APPLAUSE...STANDING NOVATION* [IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/Eve144/10_1_103v.gif[/IMG] I'm with ya Duckie, kick 'nic' to the curb!!!! What a GREAT creative way that is sure to inspire everyone here to write their own letter too!!! Fantastic thread you started Duckie, oh I'm so proud of you, you've come such a long way already LOOK AT YOUR STATS WOOOHOO!!! Nice work girl, stay strong!!! Many Blessings, Eve C.A.R.E. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 102 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TY Christine & Melanie!! I want my life back!! I want to play w/ my kids....run....hike...everything.... Good things so far: My hair doesnt stink; my teeth are white; my breath doesnt stink; I have slept the night thru; my fingers do not stink; I can breathe; I love the taste of food; and hot peppers are actually HOT! YIKES!! bad thing at the moment: brain fog....but like y'all said it will pass and it is only temp...there is light at the end of the tunnel.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$36,015.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 419 Hours: 13

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Dear Smokes.... Here it is and I am 16 days w/o you. I have done quite well with a few minor bumps in the road. I no longer crave the companionship of you. Yes, I know you helped me thru some rough spots but leaving you was the best thing for me to do. I hate you. I hate what you have done to me. I hate that you literally messed with my mind and poisoned me. HOW DARE YOU! Now, I am telling you to leave me alone..take your little minion, nicodemon with you!! BTW, take the daggone brain fog with you too!! I am sick of being in the fog and I want my life back. IT'S MINE and NOT yours.....I will no longer be your sucker and you will never rule this chick again.... Duckie, the one waiting for the door to hit the nicodemon in the butt [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$36,015.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

You are so right Eve..my next go is to get past that thingy...ROTFLMBO!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$36,015.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Let E'm have it Duckie! Excellent way to protect your quit is to just tell it like it is..... I would like to add that cigarettes takes days out of your life and life out of your days!!!!! ROCK ON DUCKIE :) Hangin In Not Givin In CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: