Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-16 2:52 AM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-16 1:17 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,611 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AJESSICA JOY, bae2024, bar2024, bar24, Dh92

2 hours and counting

18 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok so I got up a couple of hours ago. Of course the first thing I think about is smoking that first much needed cigarette of the day. Then it hits me....you aren't smoking anymore. So I stay in bed and try to think about something else. My little one was on my computer so I couldn't get online and come here. I want one so bad. Just one puff. Nope not going to happen but the craving is strong. When will this get easier?
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Milaya, Drink, drink, drink the water- everytime you want to smoke, drink! And keep moving, take a walk, run or do a puzzle (hands & mind busy). JUST DON'T SMOKE. Get out your list of reasons you quit and carry in your pocket. Everytime the crave hits, pull it out and read it out loud. This is a tough thing to do - if it were easy, there would be no smokers. Hang in there and be TOUGH. It does get better. We're here - so gently tell your daughter you need to use the PC while she plays with something else. This takes top priority right now. Be good to yourself and your quit. Hangin In, Not Giving In, CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 349 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there again! I just responded to your other post. With each and every crave, it gets easier. Remember each craving is your bodies way of healing. After 3-4 days, you will need to heal your mind (the addiction). Take it one craving at a time. Congratulate yourself with each and every successful crave you make it through. The more thought you give to a crave, the longer it lasts and the more powerful it is. Change your thoughts immediatly, or at least take a crave for what it is, and do not dwell on it. No thinking "just one". It is never just one........... Just say, I am having a craving, and breath and breath some more then drink water. Then realize that the craving is gone............ And leave it. You can do it!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: