Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,512 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

A choice to be made

5 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The fact that you are here tells me you are seriously considering quitting and yes, it can be hard early on but it will get better.

That said, you will fail if you are not fully committed to quitting and sadly, that comes through loud and clear in your post.

You can succeed but you must want to quit more than you want to smoke. Once that balance is tipped in the favour of quitting you will have every chance.

The choice is yours. I hope you choose what is best for you.

Penitent 5,178 days smokefree. 

• Quit Meter

$56,771.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 9

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome CanDoCouldBe,

I am very sorry to hear about your wife. What was her name? What do you think she would say about you quitting smoking?

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CanDoCouldBe,
 Sorry to hear about losing your wife. I'm sure it's a difficult situation to be in and I hope I don't have to experience it myself.  
As for quitting smoking, I don't think that you will go through years of physical, emotional and mental distress. It's not really that bad quitting in the long run. Yes it can be difficult at the start but get a few months under your belt and it really does get a lot easier. Yes it is a life style change, but it's a change for the better. I do not know you or your beloved wife, but I think that she would have been happy and proud of you if you were to quit smoking. 
 Do you have a pastor, doctor or someone close that you can talk to about your depression? Please try and find some help for yourself. There is a sister site called Depression center that might be of assistance to you. It's www.depressioncenter.net.
 I hope you decide to try and quit smoking. Stay strong and good luck.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,201.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 1

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Let me see....I am 64 years old and smoked since I was 17.  I can stop smoking, go through years of physical, emotional, and mental distress, alienate others with my frustrations and anxieties, completely change my life.....OR I can continue poisoning myself, have a heart attack, die, go to Heaven (which everyone says is a much nicer place than this toilet of a world in which we live) and again be with my dead wife whom I love and miss very much.  Hmmmm  Decisions, decisions.
  • Quit Meter

$333,770.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 11034 Hours: 12

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: