Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

New user

7 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There are many ways to overcome the cravings to smoke like drinking ice water or eat spiced food watching TV listen to your favorites music (I like to hear 2pac by the way)...,you can drink herbal tea or green tea ..itc ,the crave only stay for 3 to 5 minutes then disappear ,you can during it ,walk around the building house or whatever or walk the dog if you have one (man best friend by the way) ...And many things else you do also will find out during your way of quitting will helped you overcome the crave....But treat addiction by another one is not a good idea ,you try to make  something bad out of your life (SMOKE) and that's good but by smoke weed you from bad to the worse.  ...   . The best way to quit smoking or the ways to quit..!!.they are many but you must to know what work with someone can't work with other one( Everyone is different) ..In your case you smoke 4 a day in my opinion you need determination to quit your need motivation to do it .
I can say to you, at your age 22 is the best thing you can do to yourself before the 4  turn to 10 and the 10 turn to 60 like me ,,Also do at 22 yearz before you get busy by life is good thing and that's way I say to you ""The wise man dose at once what the fool does finally"".     I'm and other here if you need anything...
7 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, I couldn't quit before 31 Dec. But I reduced it to 2 cigarettes a day. After that someone suggested me to smoke blunt weed, it would reduce the craving to smoke cigarette. And it actually worked. I haven't smoked one from 1 Jan. Do you think its the right way to quit?   
  • Quit Meter

$34,059.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5291 Hours: 7

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

How is your quit going now ?I hope you doing fine .!.
7 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Ansh,

Congrats on getting started by doing some research. I suggest working on the program to begin. It will help you to create a quit plan. Also, have you considered any quit aids? There are quite a few out there these days -the patch. the gum, Champix, etc.

Ashley, Health Educator
The wise man dose at once what the fool does finally........SO do it now .
   Smoke your last one and never look back. 
7 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,
I am smoking from past 4 yrs. I am 22 right now and I smoke about 3 - 4 cigarettes a day. I really need to quit as soon as possible and don't want to take this habit to the next year. Please tell me how do I start?

Thanks 
  • Quit Meter

$34,059.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5291 Hours: 7

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked