Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

how to make this site work for youI

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
See you later Sparky..
It's time for me to move on my friend..

Best to you as always..

Red..

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Original Post by: Sparky
I have only been back a few days and it really saddens me that there isn't much interaction.  When I first came here I was concerned about posting but once I did the support I received was just what I needed.  The big plus was I have made some very wonderful friends.

The first week of not smoking was called "hell week", which is where I am.  The second week was called "heck week"  and the third week was called ???  I have to think on that or ask some one.
At 50 day was celebrated that you made it to the "beach"  and 100 days you made it to the boat.  The celebration were great.  Everyone wanting you make that boat and the party was waiting for you.  Each milestone was celebrated and each stumble was met with understanding and all the help you needed.

There was at one time a Thursday night bonfire where you throw all you problems in and burn them. And then there was a lot of posts that made you laugh and you actually felt the caring of the group on this site.

Reach out and post and I will try and respond.  Your quit is important to me as much as mine is to me.  Looking forward to meeting new friends.

Keep the Quit
Sparky 

I hope all is going well with you Sparky.
Like you I was looking forward to meeting some new friends again too.
11 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Ahsley, how could I have forgotten.  You are right Kaiser, I always got those backwards LOL.  Lolly, the newcomers so need input, anyway I sure did.  I use to come here often when I first joined SSC and I am sure glad I did.  The friends I made are wonderful.

Keep the Quit
Sparky 
11 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Sparky,

As you know I've been here for 8+ years and I have found the posting greatly diminished.  Part of it seemed to be the site, which is now greatly improved, but as it was improving, it lost a few members. 

The discussions were really good and stimulating....great fun trying to avoid being deleted by the moderators, though being deleted put lots of people off.

Maybe more people just do not have the time these days...I don't know the answer....but I try to pop in most days to see if I  'connect' with anyone.

I'll help you any way I can my friend.

Love Lolly.
11 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky.
   I believe that after 50 days you made the cruise ship and after 100 you were on the beach.  remember the train rides???
Kaiser
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for posting Sparky!

We do need more members posting. Perhaps we can get some of our old discussions started again?

The third week has been called Blah Week now
Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have only been back a few days and it really saddens me that there isn't much interaction.  When I first came here I was concerned about posting but once I did the support I received was just what I needed.  The big plus was I have made some very wonderful friends.

The first week of not smoking was called "hell week", which is where I am.  The second week was called "heck week"  and the third week was called ???  I have to think on that or ask some one.
At 50 day was celebrated that you made it to the "beach"  and 100 days you made it to the boat.  The celebration were great.  Everyone wanting you make that boat and the party was waiting for you.  Each milestone was celebrated and each stumble was met with understanding and all the help you needed.

There was at one time a Thursday night bonfire where you throw all you problems in and burn them. And then there was a lot of posts that made you laugh and you actually felt the caring of the group on this site.

Reach out and post and I will try and respond.  Your quit is important to me as much as mine is to me.  Looking forward to meeting new friends.

Keep the Quit
Sparky 

Reading this thread: