Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Coffee please

14 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so happy you are on the other side of the addiction, PB!!!!  Isn't the taste of a fresh cup of coffee wonderful?  Congratulations on your quit so far.

I, too, ran across a couple of lonely, stale butts in the glove box of a car I traded in.  It was very gratifying to simply remove and discard them with the other useless accumulation of junk!!!

Keep the Quit,

Dave

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 237
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,110
Amount Saved: $1,866.38
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 18 Mins: 19 Seconds: 16

• Quit Meter

$50,679.14

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1129 Hours: 2

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you PB.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 135
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,780
Amount Saved: $1,464.75
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 19 Mins: 31 Seconds: 32

14 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB!!! 

That's an awesome story!! I am so glad that this is finally getting easier for you. It's hard to explain---for me the quit was hard and then one day I realized that 'YES' I COULD & that I WOULD beat the nicodemon.

This non-smoking life is all it's cracked up to be...

It is an awesome experience filled with life changing rewards..

Congrats my friend!!!!!
Deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 561
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 22,440
Amount Saved: $5,049.00
Life Gained:
Days: 65 Hrs: 20 Mins: 55 Seconds: 32

14 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB, thats so cool. It great when you realise that you are a non smoker..I had a stressful experience yesterday,( carved the side of my car up on fence) and one of my daughters said to her mother " I bet Dad would kill for a smoke now" and I just laughed. The thought hadnt even crossed my mind!!! Lets keep on keeping on !!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 74
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,850
Amount Saved: $555.00
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 3 Mins: 9 Seconds: 39

14 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Hi PB iam sitting here smiling as i read your post, iam so damn proud of you , you have come a long way, and isent it just amazing how we actually can do stuff without a smoke :) you are ding great , enjoy that new smoke free home and the coffee  YOU ROCK PB :) Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2593
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 62,232
Amount Saved: $10,890.60
Life Gained:
Days: 336 Hrs: 19 Mins: 26 Seconds: 27

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB,

Thanks for sharing that inspiring story with us this morning! It is the stories depicting what great lengths you have come that are so encouraging. Also, it is great to see that you tossed away that leftover cigarette from your junk drawer as it shows that you have moved on and will prevail in the face of temptation.  

Having quit for 164 days, what techniques for getting through the zombie month could you provide to the newer members?

Members, how have you dealt successfully with temptations?

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB, congratulations on being a non-smoker and being able to throw that lone cigarette in the trash, right where it belongs!  Congratulations on your new home in Columbus too!  We're all rooting for you buddy!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 389
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 15,560
Amount Saved: $3,890.00
Life Gained:
Days: 58 Hrs: 1 Mins: 2 Seconds: 50

14 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
   Hi friends, I just felt the need to share this morning, so here goes nothing. I'm setting in the resturant Saturday morning ordering breakfast. We get the same waitress everytime we go, so she is aware that I quit smoking.  I order my food, and she gives me the look and asks, " what would you like to drink"? She knows I've been avoiding coffee since I quit. So I said with a smile, coffee please. It was nice to have a cup of coffee and not worry about severe cravings. Then throw in all the stress of trying to buy a home, which I will be closing on at the end of the month, and packing to get ready to move. Well I think I'm doing pretty good, I feel blessed to be able to walk away from that addiction. Yes, I may be heavier, but I can breathe, I don't smell, and my time and money is mine again. Almost half way around the sun, moving into my new home, which by the way Rock, is in Columbus, and just enjoying being a non smoker.
   By the way, as I was going through a junk drawer, packing my junk..LOL...I came across a cigarette just lying there, without hesitation I laughed and put it where it belonged, in the trash with all the other junk I've accumulated over the years.
   To all you newbies out there struggling, if I can do it, anyone can do it. I was a heavy smoker, but what I finally realized was my worst fear, dying by suffocation, was taking place little by little. We live once, this isn't a preveiw for the next time, no do overs. Live free, happy, and clean. Kill the junkie inside of you.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/2/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 164
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,560
Amount Saved: $1,968.00
Life Gained:
Days: 24 Hrs: 6 Mins: 18 Seconds: 56

• Quit Meter

$37,749.08

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 992 Hours: 21