Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

a bit upset

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
winelover,

First of all, I too am so glad to hear that you did not smoke that cigarette! Secondly, it sounds like you are making so many positive changes in your life! You have quit smoking, you are eating breakfast and more than enough fruits and vegetables everyday, you have also given up diet cola and are drinking a lot of water (which is so good for you!) and you are more active. So, in saying that, focus on all of these amazing changes that you are making! It is so great that you feel good about yourself, I want you to keep that feeling. You should speak to your girlfriend, and tell her how what she said hurt you. I am sure she didn't mean to hurt you, but just make her aware of it, so she can be supportive rather than discouraging.
Keep us posted!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Winelover,

I think what you are doing is fantastic.  We all put on a few pounds when we quit, but whats more importtant right now?  You can always worry about the weight later.  Good job on picking up the book and not the cigarette, that show courage and strength.

Congrats,

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 203
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,090
Amount Saved: $761.25
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 13 Mins: 20 Seconds: 33

15 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow, what a downer for you. So glad you did not reach for that cigarette though.

it is hard enough to quit and to stay quit, that you hope for encouragements, but not this.

is she a smoker? hope she won't do that again.
it is a normal thing that your appetite increases. and that you might gain a little weight.
I know I have, but I want this quit smoking down pat first, and then I will do something about the weight.
I know I can not do both things at the same time.

hope your girlfriend will be more positive next time

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 69
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,725
Amount Saved: $552.00
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 22 Mins: 27 Seconds: 7

15 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say that yesterday I almost smoked a cigarrette. My girlfriend made the remark that I was gaining weight. She told me to watch more what I eat. She was saying that I am replacing the cigarrette by food and then I will be addicted to food and have trouble losing weight. I was upset with her....

I told her the following. Since I stop smoking maybe I eat a little more but I have improved my eating habits in the following ways:

1) I have breakfast every day

2) I eat 5-7 servings of fruit a day

3) I drink a lot of water. I gave up the diet colas..

4) I am doing more physical activity.

OVERALL, I FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF.

In the moment, I was upset. After I told her this, I decided to pick a funny book and forgot that I need a cigarette. Sometimes when people around you give you negative feedback itmakes harder to quit smoking..

Marco 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 14
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 280
Amount Saved: $35.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 16 Mins: 34 Seconds: 8

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0