Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,647 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA

When I Quit

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing Lady! Great collection! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, This is very helpful! Thank You. Eight days more for you and you'll hit the 1000 days without milestone. Celebrate! Reward! Pats on the back forsure! :) Faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,056.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, love the PJ days analogy..I had a few of those myself! LOL! But, we survived, didn't we? And emerged stronger and better for the adversity we overcame. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,062 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've seen a few posts asking that oldies bump some posts to help out newer quitters. There are a couple of phrases that I would keep in mind early in my quit and I thought I would share them with you. 1. When I smoked, I wanted a cigarette all of the time. Now that I don't, I only want one some of the time. 2. Every day is one day closer to never feeling this way again (during the withdrawal) 3. When your desire to quit outweights your desire to smoke, you will quit. 4. As long as I don't light that next cigarette, I've got it made. (I'm still on a roll with this one) Early in the quit, I had several "PJ" days. Days when I just kind of sat back on the sofa and stayed in my PJ's all day long. This is what it took for me to get through some of the tough days. Kick, scream, cry, punch a pillow, break dishes, do whatever it takes, just don't smoke. There is a point of freedom and it is worth every bit of agony you may be feeling now. Perspective. N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever. Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 992 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,472.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 91 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: