Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I think I am backwards

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bj2705, Congrats on deciding to become a non smoker. Do whatever it takes to stay smoke free! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bj - I did the Chantix thing as well and as you can see from my stats, I'm doing OK so far. But I did keep all my ashtrays and there is a carton of cigarettes in my night table. Most of the time I forget they're there. It's kind of not keeping my option open to smoke again but more an act of defiance that they're there and I have no desire to use them. Little nuts but, hey, whatever works. If I can do this with the help of Chantix after smoking for as long as I did, then you can as well. Just take one day at a time, or an hour, or a minute. You'll be surprised at how you can manage. And come here often to post or, like me, lurk, to keep it going. Congrats on your first smoke free day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $502.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did the same thing that you are doing! I had all of my lighters, trays, etc...I just choose not to smoke. Throwing it all away was to final and I could still smoke. I think I eventually got rid of it all a few months later. Oh what a feeling! I didn't tell anyone I quit though. I was about a week into it. Not even my husband. I didn't want anyone to say, yeah, right...I showed them! You can too!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 399 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,985 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,675.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BJ, To each is own. You could be upside down inside out for I care. Just don't smoke them. Hopefully soon enough you will get tired of having the useless things in your way. Either that or the nasty ashtrays start to gross you out. But really, the sooner the better. Audrey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 391 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,094.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I don't know about backwards. But, if your nose runs & your feet smell, you're upside down! Everybody's different, bj, but I think it's a dangerous thing you're doing. You might be fine with it right now, and feel less panicky but in another few hours, you might not be saying No so loudly when you look at that pack. Good luck with it, but it sounds like junkie thinking to me. Congrats on that first 24 hours. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 273 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,003.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had last puff (one drag) yesterday (Sunday) at noon.. I have been on Chantix a week and today. was my official quit day. I know ALL the literature says to get rid of all cigarettes and ashtrays. Thats what I have done with all previous quits. This time I did Not.. I am having an easier time. I look at the pack and say NO . I am fine with that. Seems like if they are ALL gone then I am in a Panic. now it is my choice. I am having some urges this morning was not bad. The one at noon was stronger.. I am chewing gum. (regular) and just ate some almonds. I will go make a small lunch. I am pretty sure I used cigarettes to get rid of hunger.... I am doing fine on the chantix.. and actually doing better than I had expected.. it has been a little over 24 hours. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: