Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

the start of a new bank account

16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's an awesome idea. And if other members that want to do this, but don't want to open a new bank account you may certainly send the money to me! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 283 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $990.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WTG Den!! that is great. So glad you have pushed thru all those nasty cravings. You are well on your way. And yes, I too, thought the wind blew away the smell..... YUK! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for your comments. I have now lost the weight i had gained and was in "panic mode" about. I have this great ability to lose weight easily, but i also have the same ability with gaining. That's why when i was first quitting i was worried about it all, not knowing, of course, how hard quitting smoking would be. A friend of mine is trying to quit, has been for awhile. She went and bought cigarettes this morning when i was with her and had 2 (her husband doesn't know) I could have easily asked her for one, I DIDN'T! I thought, this would set a good example for her. I don't need to smoke, even if i am in a situation where i know i can. It was quite easy to resist. When she got in my car after having 1/2 cigarette outside, she SMELLED! I remember, when i smoked outside and then got into my car or inside, i had figured i didn't smell cause the wind blew the smoke smell away/off me. (a little naive i guess)! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 594 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $231.66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea Den! And great realization! I've been eating just cuz for a couple days and it's been enough to make my pants feel a little snug.. :( it bums me out, but I feel like I need it for the comfort right now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 571 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42,825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,706.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea Den. Thanks for sharing! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den i couldent be prouder of you, look how well you are doing, congrats on the bank account :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2010 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,035.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 287 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$14,570.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 7

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den, I did that when hubby and I quit. Of course I didn't stay that way, but he did. But I still save it. Wow, the things we have gotten with that money. I still put it away and it does add up and when you want something the money is there. You go girl. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 284 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $852.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den, what an awesome wonderful idea :D I am glad you came here and recognized your triggers. How about a nice book, bath and bubbly? and a reward - 30 days is HUGE!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 281 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $491.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today i deposited my first $200.00 into my new "smoke-free" account. I am going to do this in $200.00 increments. I know one of many great things about quitting is the money you save, but for me, if i don't keep it separate i will spend it and not get to "see" the money saved. I have reached another "milestone" tonight. It is the first time in quite a while that i want a cigarette. I am also eating "just cause". So, putting two and two together, I have realized that a)i am home alone tonight b)i am bored c)i am tired. So, another lesson learned for this non-smoker - these three things (and maybe even two of them) will lead to a cigarette craving. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 576 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224.64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: