Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

It Is Well

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lady, thanks for the post, it is lovely and inspirational! lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 302 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$113,567.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 11

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's one of my more favorite hymns, too. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 553 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Thank you for taking the time to share these inspirational words with us! Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This morning someone told me: [quote]Well, you're posts are effective for me. Something about what you say, fits with the way my mind works. I like your strength. To continue no matter what. That is what I am missing. I have always taken the easy way and wished it was different. You inspire me to try to be better. [/quote] I promised to post something to encourage this afternoon. I hope this helps. There is a story of a man whose name I do not know. In the 1800�s his wife and four children sailed across the sea on a ship to meet him. The ship ran into a terrible storm and most of the passengers were lost. The man received word from his wife that simply said; all is lost. His four children had died in the storm. While traveling across the Atlantic he asked a crewman to let him know when they reached the point where the passengers had been lost. When they reached this point, he sat and prayed to God for peace and wrote the following words� [color=blue] �When peace like a river attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to know It is well, it is well with my soul. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, Let this blest assurance control. That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate. And hath shed his own blood for my soul. For me be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live; If Jordan above me shall roll. No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life. Thou wilt whisper thy peace to my soul. But Lord, this for thee, for thy coming we wait. The sky not the grave, is our goal; O trump of the angel! O voice of the Lord! Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul.[/color] This is my favorite inspiration. This man, after losing 4 children had peace in his soul. Surely, that same peace is available to those struggling to maintain the quit. My quit buddy constantly reminds me to keep things in perspective. It takes practice, and it isn�t always easy but anything worth having is worth working for. The quit is definitely something worth having. Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is only temporary. Hang on to hope, dig deep inside, and don�t let go, for when you reach the light at the end of the tunnel you too can say, it is well with my sou
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You see!!!!! That's what I'm talking about. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$330,481.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 6

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This song and the story behind it have gotten me through some of my darkest, darkest days. Can't say that for smoking! Thanks for posting this Lady :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 829 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,599 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3730.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$37,056.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 640 Hours: 21

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: