Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,511 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

From The Mouths Of Babes Indeed

17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey All - hope your weekend is going great. Just thought I woud share something that reinforces WHY we all are quitters and proud of it. My husband and our daughters attended my youngest daughter's softball game yesterday and since we have been with the same team for the last 3 years, we know all the other parents/families. Well, there are about 4-5 of them that smoke. They don't leave the bleachers when they smoke either (cough cough). Anyhow, I stayed clear of the smoke but my middle daughter approached one of the moms who does smoke to say hello, she smiled real big and told her "When I smelled the smoke over here, I knew it was NOT my mom or dad!" I heard this and turned around to my friend who was the one smoking and she smiled at me and told my daughter. "Yes it's great that they quit". I looked at my husband and did not have to say a word. Life Is Good people. And... if nobody has told you how terrifc you quit is today and how proud they are of you - I'm telling you that I feel proud of you all everyday ....... CobenFan (Christine) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Sunshine, IslandGirl, 4my2Girls, appreciate your kind words. Sometimes people say things that just kinda stop you in your tracks (referring to the GOOD things). I know that you all have had tough times recently and anything I can do to help put a smile where there was none - makes my day. {{{HUGS}}} to you all for being SO kind. Hangin in Not Givin In, CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 745 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Christine! I sure loved your story! I do believe that hearing how proud someone is of you is so important!! And extra special when a child says something like that!! Well, I am proud of you!! Keep up the great work! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,905 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.01 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Christine - Sounds like one of those wonderful commercials that make tears roll down your face! To have your children so supportive and loving and being able to TELL people about it is just amazing. We are all proud of you - and you are helping people here as well! Have a great Sunday! Hope it's nice where you are - it is beautiful here on the island today - think I'll go sit somewhere on the beach and veg. Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 754 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,912.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5859 Hours: 11

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CobenFan, Wow, what a great story, and isn't it amazing how our children encourage us and make us proud. Thanks for sharing, I just smiled when you wrote: [quote] I looked at my husband and did not have to say a word.... [/quote] And you're right LIFE IS GOOD.. Thank you. Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,046 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$229,893.19

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6395 Hours: 15

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
coben, You said it! I wish I had the forwardness of children and their honesty! This is wonderful and you should be proud at 43 days! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: