Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Removing the smoke smell from your car

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Time, Amazing isn't it, to regain sense of smell. Have a great day, Melanie _________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can purchase Smoke Eliminator (DAP is manufacturer) at Home Depot. This spray works well after you thoroughly clean the entire vehicle. It's an aerosol spray that will also clear up the air in your garage if that was your "smoking room".[font=Comic Sans MS]Text[/font]
18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was driving to the grocery store just now and for the first time, I could smell the stench of tobacco in my car. And 4 days into it(YAY!) I'm sure my smell-ability is not working at full throttle yet. So it'll only get worse as my nose improves...is there any way to remove that stench from the car? I will try to vacuum it and rub some baking soda into the carpet and seats. Any other tips that worked for y'all? N.O.P.E!
18 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to agree with 3galeh! that I think it makes a difference whether you used the ashtray or not in your vehicle. I never used the ashtray in my car and would just spray some fabreeze in it each night. My husband who doesn't smoke and hates the smell more then anything thinks it does the trick. That and I would leave the windows down when possible too to help air it out. Good luck and congrats on 4 days!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I said that I would not smoke in the car, I stopped , and even though I smoked I could really smell the smoke whenever I was in the car. I tried all kinds of things and I eventually took the car in and had the whole interior shampooed, like they took the seats out and cleaned them, carpets steam cleaned, and the whole interior detailed, I also had the air conditioning and heating system cleaned out. The place I took this to cleaned cars for resellers. It cost a lot and the car has smelled fresh ever sense. Good Luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 790 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My husband solved the problem by buying me a new van!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,445 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $257.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, TimeToDoIt. I've heard that Fabreeze works. No personal experience with it, though. My old van sort of aired itself out in a couple of months. My wife, who has never smoked, used to say vanilla scent would mask the smoke odor fairly well. She used to make me keep a sponge with some vanilla dripped on it under the seat just in case she ever had to ride in it. Congratulations on 4 days quit. That's wonderful. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 309 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1174.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used fabreeze and cleaned my truck, the carpets seats etc. I also left the doors open and let the air flow through while cleaning it. I can't smell the smoke anymore. I never used the ashtray though and I think that makes a difference. Good luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 341 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,541 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2557.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thankfully I could never smoke in our new VW van cause my hubbie woulda killed me. In the old truck, I used a car freshener called "new car". It was better than the sickly sweet others, but I can't say it totally works. Eventually though with lots of driving with the windows opened, it has abated. Ahh - the mixed blessings of having a nose again!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 347 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1214.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$794,605.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5681 Hours: 19

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fabreeze works wonders.....and you can take the ashtrays out and scour them with sos pads or comet....then fill them with carpet freshner and put them back. I have a Hoover little green machine and I cleaned my own seats and carpeting. by the time I had all that done, the grandkids swore that my car no longer smelled like stale smoke. Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1544 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 61,793 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8492 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 201 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$158,921.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5341 Hours: 22

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: