Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

I found this relaxing for me

14 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I find laying in the tub (as best as I can) floating my head in the warm water and breathing and then I can only hear muffled sounds and feel only the warm water surrounding me.  Of course I have to make sure everyone knows that I am not to be disturbed and chase the darn cat out of the room (our jacuzzi is in our bedroom) because I hate it when he jumps in the tub, or starts drinking my bathwater.  I just lay there and breath, it takes awhile but this seems to be the only way I can clear the thoughts out of my head (at least for a little while), I have tried this when laying in bed, and it definitely doesn't work for me.  I would love to find a sensory deprivation chamber to try it out and see if this would work for me.  Because I find there are too many distractions around and can't seem to shut the thoughts off unless everything is muffled and appears to be off in the distance, and please no Enya.
14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I read, I listen to relaxation music or piano songs. The piano has a way of putting me into a completely relaxed state.

Hope this helps. 

Strength

14 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice idea!  They sounds like they would be very nice!

Members, what do you do to relax yourself?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi There Everyone:

I would like to share that when I was a child I would make circles on a page and then color the
circles.  I was doing it quite a bit this summer, getting in touch with my inner child.  Someone
said it looks like a mosaic and I could probably give it as gifts.  I decided to get poster
board paper and I have done 3 mosaics so far.  Two with pencil crayons and one with crayon.
The crayon one I gave to the center I go to counseling, and my counsellor was very happy
to receive it.  You can also do these mosaics by using paint program on the computer.
However, I like to do it physically and I really think where the color will look the best.
This is one of my coping skills.  I am giving one to my friend, I have described it and she
said she would love to have a mosaic.  I think they can even be framed, the other one I may
give to my shrink (if I have the courage).  Now I think I am going to start another one for
me this week to calm my nerves and be calm and in my center. Have a good weekend   Windsybarbie

Reading this thread: