Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

With or Without

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stardust,

Welcome to our wonderful support community! You have come to the right place
Please take the time to read through the program and to explore the tools and resources that are available to you through this site. You will find some tools and techniques (such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) that will help you get through the 'big D'. We are here to help and support you, no matter what.
Stay close, and keep us posted on how you are doing,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Stardust,  I can only tell you my experience and that was I needed medication.  I know the moderators here have information about herbal remedies and some other participants as well.  I know the program by itself is very helpful and many people use CBT without medication to improve their depression. 

We all work through our depression differently so I hope to see you around.  We learn from others.

15 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 I would like to try to get through the big D without medication. I simply hate the thought of side effects and any form of addiction. I currently use a herbal formula which has some calming effect and assists sleep.
Am I being delusional thinking I can do this without professional assistance.
I would be grateful for any thoughts on this matter.

Reading this thread: