Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Being with friends

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sillythirteen,

Glad you have found us! Have you talked to a doctor about what you have been feeling? I am not a doctor but it sounds like you might benefit from looking into Social Anxiety and Anxiety Disorders. Anxiety Disorders are very common and actually quite manageable with the right therapy. Getting a diagnosis from a doctor will help you to determine appropriate treatment if treatment is necessary. Some social anxiety, especially as a teenage is quite normal. Whether you can be diagnosed with a disorder or not you can still benefit from doing some research on the issue.

Check out our sister site PanicCenter.net. This site's program is based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy principles which is one of the best known treatments for anxiety and mood disorders. It does require a bit of reading and homework but if you put the work in you were see results.

I'm sorry to hear you have been struggling with this. Please know you are not alone. We can help you through it.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lately I have been having issues hanging out with groups of friends. I get really anxious leading up to and while being with them.  It has led me to stop hanging out with my friends as a group and only hanging out with them one on one as I don't have any issues with that. As a college student, this has led them think that I'm not trying to get better because they see it as isolation but I don't know how to get around the other feelings to hang out with them.
Any suggestions? 

Reading this thread: