Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,514 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Med Changes

14 years ago 0 224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance, slowing down and focusing no yourself is so important. Take some time for yourself and do something you enjoy!

Let us know how you are doing.

Luciana, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know I need to be patient. I caught myself trying to clean and organize western Washington yesterday! I think I've learned a lot. About things that happened in the past with meds and things and most recently. I'm learning how to slow down and just focus on me. This is something I dont think I've ever REALLY done. ( beyond popular opinion ) I need to stop and smell the roses you might say. 
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes! Love hearing you happy and excited!  Sounds good that you are looking at the big picture too! 

And the farm! HAHA!

How are you stopping yourself from rushing? I know before you thought you might have rushed too much.  How will you prevent this happening again?

Keep posting!  

Ashley, Health Educator
HI ! It feels good to see and improvement! Im happy and excited! The days have been much better. Ive been more productive and feeling good about myself. Im being patient and not rushing it though. I know it takes time for the meds to work and its a bonus I started feeling better so soon. But I see a big picture! Doing! Driving! My drive to the store yesterday was good compared to how they were. I'm back to a better routine with taking care of myself, eating and fun stuff. Yes I said fun stuff. Listening to music, watching some TV, fun computer stuff. Even started my farm again! LOL So ya, a big change!!!! 
14 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear that the Effexor is helping.  Great to hear you so motivated.  Good luck with the testing and keep us updated.

Love that you are so upbeat!  Let's just savour this moment for a minute.  I know this has been a really tough time for you and it has been hard to be positive and feel good.  As a man who has been fighting so hard for this and who has stuggled a lot how does it feel knowing that you are seeing improvements?

Please give us lots of detail! 
Ashley, Health Educator
That was fast! Im headed downtown (seattle) to a meeting, then the next phase of aptitute testing for career placement!! Tues was 3 hours of it hundreds of questions. Im positive and feel so good today!
Awesome Lance!

What are your plans for today?

Ashley, Health Educator
Two days on the Effexor and Im noticing a change already! I remember now I did pretty fast the last time I used it. Though it was hard getting to sleep, I woke up early and I feel alert and on task today. I think I may be on to something here.

OK, I luced out yesterday and saw the new Pdoc, just went in to get my blood taken and the new one was there. So we talked and he OK'd starting Effexor. Generic.  So after two doses I think I feel different or it my imagination. I didnt want to sleep forever as bad, but I still on mirtazipine, so have to finish weaning off of that.

Im a little worried though, the new med will cost more. Im hoping my theraputic level witll stal low so it can stay around 60 a month. No job, no ins right now. I have to base my care around what I can afford. I saw adds about buying meds online from the great country from the north, so Im going to look in to that. It would save a lot, But will have to wait to see my dose. What a pain. Can it be 1975 again, please! When life was simple.

Reading this thread: