Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Up and down moods

10 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Betterwouldbegreat.

~m gaveyou bang on advice. I am sorry you are feeling this way. I can really hear how frustrated and down you feel. The depression program can likely help you sort through all those hard feelings. It will also to help you put some goals in place. One big important goal for you might be to get your sleep schedule on track. Sleeping throughout the day will make many people depressed. Human's were meant to be up during the day and sleeping at night - this mix up in circadian rythm can really set you back. Do you have any ideas on how you can get back to a regular sleep schedule?

Welcome Rosiesmom,

So sorry to hear about your sister and how you are feeling now. It is inspiring to see how quickly you got to this program. It takes a lot of strength to keep pushing forward when you are feeling so down. Glad to have you with us.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago +1 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm not 114 by the way. I'm 57.  That number was depressing in itself.  Either that or I've held up pretty good.
10 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there.  I'm really uncertain about doing this, but, having suffered from depression for a life time, I must find a way to defeat this monster.  For the past year I have been doing pretty good.  Working my programs and using my tools.  Last year my sister in law was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer which saddened me but I was able to maintain my positive outlook and move forward with my life.  Before Christmas I started feeling unwell but continued to maintain that positive outlook.  Then in January I got slammed with a nasty flu which resulted in a lot of missed work and there the spiral began once again.  A week and a half ago my aunt passed away suddenly with no signs that anything was wrong.  Her funeral was Monday and because I've been so fatigued from the flu and my husband was ill, making the 5 hour drive each way didn't seem like a great idea.  And that's when the ground opened up and away I went.  Thanks to the compassion of the people around me and this resource I can still see that person who was doing so great just a short time ago.  So, I begin the journey back to health before it gets away from me and because I know my brother will need me (his own words) when my sister in law makes her final journey.  Thanks for listening!
10 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello betterwouldbegreat... welcome to the DC.  I think you will find the mood tracker is appropriate for everyone no matter how they are feeling.  No labels here.  The important step is to track your mood throughout the day... especially as they change and morph. The point is to be more mindful about your day... what you are feeling and what is happening.  No right or wrong way.  Just keeping track to begin with.

I'm sorry you are feeling so badly, physically and mentally.  That is so hard when you have no place to find some peace.  I'm glad you found the DC.  If you stick around and do the reading and homework... you will find it helps to focus your thoughts and get some calm going.  You've made a great start by introducing yourself and asking a really good question (every one has trouble with the mood tracker at first!)  Keep coming back... we are here to listen and support in anyway we can.  
10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not sure where to post this question!?

I have noticed that the mood tracker is made for Major depression and not neccesarily chronic depression with bio-polar tendencies.

Should I make another mood tracker to fill out, that rates my mood from most depressed to very high mood???

Thanks!!

I have major up and down moods. Its a lot less intense when I am busy and have a lot more going on in my life.

The state that I am in at this time in my life, it feels like piles of brick on my shoulders. I have to do a lot thinking to even get myself moving. 
and that's one of the major issues, I have too much time to think. I am by myself all day and night with my thoughts.
My thoughts are mostly what brings me up and down 30 times a day it feels. ( that's when I am trying to face reality and not sleeping all day)

Other then my major hormone imbalances which I have 10 days out of the month.( extreme pms, post-mentrual and pre-ovulation)   I do fall into a hopeless black hole often lately.  Especially lately because of my physical and mental health and lack of being busy with work. I loose hope very easy and shut down. Sleep all day and get up few hours at night. total avoidance of life.

My brains is a complicated web of fears, phobias and deprivations.  My weight. Not wanting to be seen in public because of weight gain. Religion. Fear of dieing. Fear of dieing going to hell. Not understanding God in time to be saved. Not fitting in. afraid of never feeling truly accepted. Feeling Lonely. Feeling assolated.  Fear of being lonely forever.  this list goes on. and its all jumbled up together.

I am going to stop typing now. Its not the easiest thing for me to write. I started with a simple question and went on a rant.. 

excuse my typos its takes so much effort to fix my writing. I think this is good enough for now to be understood. 

Reading this thread: