Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,493 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Negative thoughts

9 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Liveandlearn

I am unemployed at the moment and i am dealing difficulties finding a job. I think this is a very big awareness of those symptoms.Fill up your days with something pleasant and don't waste your time on doing nothing.Possitive or replacement of negative thoughts will come through. 

9 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Michaelc-

I am going through the same thing as you. Your story sounds 
Ike my story. There are times when I have a thought while driving where I think what if I forget how to drive, what if something happens to me when I drive, or I have unwanted health thoughts. I suffer from migraines and whenever my head starts to hurt I begin to panic & grow anxious because I think what if I have a seizure or an aneurysm. I have no idea why I think like this other than I've heard stories about people who have died because they thought their headaches weren't anything big yet it was. I've only finished session 2 but I've been trying really hard to put a positive spin on my thoughts but it's been very hard. All day I've been worrying and all day I've told myself that I'm healthy, I'm OK, there isn't anything wrong, I'm good! 

I, too, hope to learn to work through my unwanted thoughts. I'm hoping that it starts getting better.

The support group on here has been great! Wishing you a peaceful mind!
So far so good.I am in the 4th session.I hope i will learn something to help me stop feeling every single harmless symptom.And stop thinking in a negative way.
9 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Michael,

Symptoms of anxiety can be very scary and this often makes the anxious thinking worse which makes the feelings worse... this creates a negative spiral. To break this pattern you need to change your thought processes. This takes practice. Begin to work on the program and you will soon learn how to stop focusing on your symptoms. It does not happen over night but with effort and time you will notice a difference. Unfortuantely there is no simple answer.

Have you had a chance to check out the program yet? Any questions so far?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi I am Michael.I am suffering from panic attack symptoms 3 years now I managed to reduced panic by my own research and with out any medication. From a scale 1 to 10 i can say that i am on 7-8 or 9 well. The only thing i am still dealing with is negative thoughts.For an example,every time i go somewhere,on the way i always think if something is going to happen to me but i am always fine.
A month ago while i was sleeping i felt that i was passing out.I woke up and i was confused in my speech,i couldn't spell any word correctly,numbed tongue and lips.I thought i was having a stroke.I went to first aid and after some examinations doctors said i was absolutely fine.Meanwhile on my way to hospital i was already feeling better.
After that day, instead of dizziness or breathing difficulties symptoms i had,i started feeling my tongue and jaws tensed,and than i am going to confuse my speech again.
How can i stop paying attention to every single symptom that i feel and how can i replace those negative thoughts with something good? 

Reading this thread: