Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Nutritional deficiency

10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cara423, 

I recommend consulting your health care practitioner to determine if you are deficient in certain vitamins/minerals and whether this is contributing to your symptoms of panic and anxiety.  
Eating a well-balanced, nutritious diet that is filled with colourful fruits and veggies is key to ensuring you are getting a wide variety of vitamins and minerals from food.  Avoid sugary, processed foods as this can interfere with many metabolic functions in the body.  An easy rule to follow is to shop the perimeter of the grocery store!  
What is your diet like regularly?
Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cara

Do you take vitamin B12? It can stimulate long term memory which I like. It can give me very vivid memories from forty years ago. The down side is that it is not selective. It can activate triggers in memory, even recent ones with the right stimulus. For me the smell of wood smoke can take me into memory of a camp fire many years ago and it is in colour too. I can often replay the whole day. Complete with people animals and action. Different from hallucinations. I've  been lucky, never a bad memory. But were there. No because panic attacks are never totally accurate. This may not happen to everyone, it might only happen to me. But it is worth considering.

Davit.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cara

Calcium is necessary for the transportation of information to the brain and for it's movement there. Calcium levels are not the same in all people. I need more than the average person yet my level is okay. A very simple test of necessity is information back log. The opposite of information overload. Irritability, agitation and a feeling of anxiety because you just can't seem to find the answers. Inability to sleep. Lack of appetite. All or any one of these can be caused by information not getting where it should because it can't. They can also be caused by other things. Calcium is to be taken on an empty stomach as far away from Iron and Iron bearing foods as possible. It binds to Iron and wastes it. It binds to medication and wastes it. If it is low calcium then a gram will relieve the symptoms within a half hour, if it doesn't then it is something else. Calcium does not normally cause stones but whether it is safe for you to take large amounts is still up to your doctor and you to decide. If your supplement has both calcium and Iron in it then you are getting neither.

Davit.
10 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can you please tell me mineral and vitamin deficiency causes anxiety or panic symptoms? I had low calcium in April and haven't checked since, not have I been taking calcium supplements. I have started centrum and it seems to have helped. Should I check my calcium to see how deficient I am now?

Reading this thread: