Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Relaxation Every Day

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,
Without relaxation at night, I don't get a good sleep.  Also, I use an online alarm for 20 minutes so I minimize time at the computer, which causes eyestrain,etc. It's been tricky during the day to allow myself time to rest, as I could at work,since I don't have colleagues, or routines any longer.

Taking time to eat is hard too, because I used to rush at work, and sometimes even not take the time to eat.
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley..
Thank you for the reminder and inspiration..This is something I think about and in the back of my mind I know I need to do.
I have been feeling a little down and tired lately. I think if I start to schedule regular time for relaxation into my day like you suggest, I could feel so much better..This definitely needs to be part of my new Healthy Lifestyle for this coming year..

Thanks for the tip..
Red..
11 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Relaxation is very important in your everyday routine. Take regular, planned timeouts for yourself.  Be realistic and honest, that inner regular need for a break to change your thoughts or environment and decompress at regular intervals should not be abandoned altogether, now should it?  

Substitute a breathing exercise or something relaxing and self-loving when you feeling stressed.   Listen to some music perhaps too, or just pick any form of relaxation, and do it for a couple of minutes each time, you may be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Practice relaxation techniques and adopt some into your routine.  Successful people really do.  Here’s a simple breathing exercise when you feel tense:  With shoulders back and tummy in, inhale deeply for a slow count of five; exhale for a slow count of five.  Do five of these at a time.  This gives your body a break and re-boosts you!  

You can also use relaxation techniques before bed.  Hot bath or shower, stretches, good book, warm drink and breathing exercises can assist you in having a more restful sleep and have you wake refreshed for the next day.  Studies show that at least 7 hours of sleep is needed to keep you on track and focused, so keep that routine and get your 7 hours in!

How do you relax every day?

Reading this thread: