Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Success

9 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi louis1728, 

We're glad you joined the PC community and hope that you are learning much with regards to your own journey living with anxiety.  
As you read through responses to your post, I recommend also reading through previous posts to learn how the program has helped other members, as well as combining the PC Center program with other treatments or therapies. 
What has been most helpful to you thus far? 
Vincenza, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry, I didn't answer your question. 

The program will cure you as would anything CBT and it is based on CBT. I came late to CBT after trying everything else and it worked. For lack of a better word I am cured. But in truth what is gone is the reaction to the triggers. So there is no anxiety or panic because there is no need for it.

Davit
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
louis

It doesn't work that way, whether you do the program or do meds or both. This is not Cancer, you can't cut it out and start over. A disorder is something you carry for the rest of your life. What you cure is the effects of it. CBT changes how it affects you so that the effects are to your benefit. It may seem like it is gone but in truth what is gone is how it affected you. The only thing that makes it a disorder is that it is noticeable. So you want to change the noticeable part.

Davit
9 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi!

I'd like to know if anyone in this forum doesn't have anxiety disorder anymore after following the Panic Center program? If it's the case is it possible to share with us a bit of your story to recovery?

Sometimes it's good to hear about people who recovered, especially during setbacks.. :)

Thanks,
L

Reading this thread: